thread: Missing power 1mz

May 2011
    The Netherlands

Icon9 Missing power 1mz

Ok, my 1mz swapped MKII had intensive inspection and got road approval yesterday!

But, I'm missing serious power!

Since my Throttle body came dis-assembled all settings where off.

I think I got the throttle valve in the right position now. (fully closed un-touched, fully open when full throttle)
    Using a counter I figured out Stationary is only 660 RPM. (Barely running) Obviously my Idle control valve needs some adjusting.

Now the thing is, I will do the full Idle valve and Position sensor check, but I need the car for this weekends meeting (last one!)
    Car will run fine as soon as it's hot/ in higher RPM's but no kick/ power, it's definitely less powerful as my 3sge. I don't have any cel's codes.

Are there other things that could explain this problem?

Thanks,

Vince
    Don't shoot the messenger!

Dec 2006
    Netherlands
    Unfortunately I do not have an answer to your question at the moment. But still wanted to congratulate you with the approval!

Are you sure there are no codes at all? Isn't anything missing for the auto box, evap or so? That must give you at least some codes?

Mar 2005
    south east
    well done!. not sure about low power, tps if it has one would make i hesitant if unset. only experience of low power i had was a bad coil pack, the symptom was opposite when the car was hot it would struggle. all air pipes clamped down at intake tight?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

May 2011
    The Netherlands
    Unfortunately I do not have an answer to your question at the moment. But still wanted to congratulate you with the approval!

Are you sure there are no codes at all? Isn't anything missing for the auto box, evap or so? That must give you at least some codes?
    We wired in the ECU as a manual, so no auto box codes. EVAP I'm using. I had a code once, went away automatically. (think misfire)

May 2011
    The Netherlands
    well done!. not sure about low power, tps if it has one would make i hesitant if unset. only experience of low power i had was a bad coil pack, the symptom was opposite when the car was hot it would struggle. all air pipes clamped down at intake tight?
    It does have a TPS, we'll be doing the check on it later. Just want to make sure it doesn't have to do with a specific valve or Vacuum tube... Would be cool if it's an easy fix, that way I could make full use of it this weekends meeting :D

Mar 2005
    south east
    does the 1mz have acis/tvis? if its constantly on (open allowing extra ai through) low end torque suffers, is about the only valve i can think of. did you have full power before tb removal? i cant be too far off. tps reset i wil never run right without it set by meter. takes 15m
    Last edited by adamh; 05-09-2013 at 21:47.

Mar 2005
    south east
    ah just remembered another nugget, if the iscv or iacv runs coolant through the tb to control idlespeed there may be an airlock in it from disconnection, may require rebleeding. it would cause shit idle but i cant see it reducing power drastically

Sep 2010
    Hadleigh essex
    if you are running a CAT exhaust system, I had problems with low power when the CAT started to break up and block/choke the exhaust

May 2011
    The Netherlands
    I think it's a vacum thing, Think the butterfly valve isn't opening. The engine is recently swapped, I never had it running before. It's a brand new CAT.