Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The quicker you help the quicker I can book jae!!!

The quicker you help the quicker I can book jae!!!

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/...psd42e3fba.mp4

My suspicions are a dodgy earth so going to play about with that
    Last edited by Mr2karl_tbar; 02-09-2013 at 15:09.

Hello mate!

It will not run properly / possibly at all without the air pipe on. Theres a metal insert that goes into the rubber pipe just before the throttle body, and if you pull that out on a perfectly running car, it all goes a bit silly.

Also it looks like youve got stuff still not connected. Right at the begining of that video there a metal connector, looks like an earth lead and it doesnt look connected.

Cant really hear whats going on in the video (think you cover the mic), we can see you trying to start the car and the engine jiggling about a bit. We need to hear the engine (not you!)

But basics first, are you getting 12v at the coil, spark at the plug, spark on the king lead etc?

Start there and give us your results.

c.

check all the earths...

AW11 3vz-FE hartop
    if you make it idiot proof
    they Will make a better idiot

Quote Originally Posted by pistol pete View Post
    check all the earths...
    Very good advice.

If you have a continuity tester, test that there's an earth between the chassis / various engine parts.

C.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    It will not run properly / possibly at all without the air pipe on. Theres a metal insert that goes into the rubber pipe just before the throttle body, and if you pull that out on a perfectly running car, it all goes a bit silly.
    This ^

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Ok well will re insert said pipe into air intake pipe once attached Tomo.

A friend has also suggested that the engine might be flooded so going to do the whole foot to the floor before starting etc and see how that goes Tomo once connected the air intake kit too. Fingers crossed he is right

If it was flooded it wouldn't be trying to fire.

Your timing may be miles out tho, it sounds a bit out. Check it static to start with.

C.

I don't know how to do timing

What so you mean check it static?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast