Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mk2 Audi 2.8 v6

Sorry to piss on your chips but seriously, just stick with Toyota.

Oddball swaps are best left to those with the time, patience, money and engineering facilities to get them through the challenges.

Sure a 3vz/1mz may cost more initially, but the hard work is done. Everything is plug and play and documented. Planned well, I reckon the swap could be done over a weekend.

What your planning, I fear would be a year long thing ending in a for sale post/eBay add.

Just my 2p!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Sadly i do agree with Jiff there, it will be a massive uphill struggle, not one thing will be compatible with Toyotas way of doing things, we get spoilt by using Toyota motors in Toyota chassis with them sharing the same thread pitches, pipe unions, driveshaft splines, fuel banjos, similar mount designs, clutches, cables and very similar electrics.... the list goes on and on.... the second you try an alien engine make in there it all turns to crap, not a single thing will work without it being a headache, your gearbox adaptor plate will cost a small fortune to have made, then it will need a custom flywheel and/or flywheel adapter, if you use the Audi flywheel to fit the crank you can be sure the Toyota starter motor position won't work with that, neither will the clutch..... so it has to be a Toyota flywheel, which then doesn't fit the Audi crank...... you see the problems keep multiplying.

In the end you will have twice or three times the money and work in it (if it gets finished at all) with the end result producing less power than a regular Toyota V6, but it will have the unique factor about it, but that is all it will be.

Hate pissing on bonfires, because endeavour is to be encouraged, i just think the power reward needs to be there to justify the expense/work.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Mk2 Audi 2.8 v6

Probably not what you wanted to hear Karl, but like I said TB is a really good place to discuss ideas like this before you commit to them.

People will either think its a good idea, or not, and in this case it sounds like a massive undertaking that you might struggle with.

How about looking at a slightly different approach.

There's still only a couple of Toyota Mr2 diesels on the planet, and there's plenty of Toyota models that would act as a donor car.

I'm also not sure I've seen an electric MR2 yet, and that would be cool. I would love to build one just so I could sneak about in it like you can in a Tesla.

Alternately get on Wikipedia and see what else Toyota made that we could shove in a Mk2. They've made so many car /engine combinations there must be something out there.....

C.

I'm all over the Toyota engine thing after Paul said before and les (thanks guys)

I get what your saying everyone I was offered it dirt cheap and wanted to see the possibility come to light. Shame really.

Electric doesn't interest me and I'm definitely not up for looking at a different fuelled engine period.! But thank you for the info to work with cheia

If you want an alternative package, look at the alfa v6 and box. With a bit of thought and planning its a viable option.

Camry V6 is the only one to do really unless your going longitudinal and then the Audi would make sense. Except you're going to all that trouble, may as well do the v8.

Inline audi 2.7 TT from the s4 could be worth a look.

Check out the Lotus Esthi for inspiration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12