thread: eBay diy laser alignment tool

Apr 2013
    Herefordshire

eBay diy laser alignment tool

has anyone used one of the laser wheel alignment tools on eBay? I need 3 cars done (2 mr2s and my girlfriends) the tool is £70ish and self calibrating just looking to save a bit of money!
    Also thinking then I can use it as many times as I want and not get stung for it!

Jul 2005
    Milk and Beans
    If its the one I'm thinking of, it'll only do wheel alignment, so not a full 4 wheel alignment job. With a bit of work, you'd be able to use it to do a full alignment check, it's just how much effort you want to go to.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Mar 2005
    Poole, Dorset
    and youll need a very true/flat surface too.

Mar 2005
    south east
    you can make something fairly effective at home if you wanted, use a long piece of string and two axle stands HERE. place it against the side of the car with the string extending past both front and back wheel at the same time at the height of the sill HERE. Make the string parrallel against the sill using a ruler. adjust wheels as necessary for parallel using a ruler against the wheel rim/under string for sight, and adjusting your tracking/rod ends etc.

Bill hulmes camber gauge can be made cheaply HERE
    HERE HERE and HERE will adjust your camber fairly accurate if you have level ground, within a degree is easy (reference ground first).

if you have a bad tracking /camber problem, it will no doubt find what is wrong and you can correct it. i used both items after removing suspension rebuilding and refitting, its an o.k set up to get you driving.

for the best result take it to a 3d place although. not the answer you were searching for but maybe someone can use info.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Apr 2013
    Herefordshire
    cheers for the input guys, was going to chuck all the tools in the boot and see how many weird looks I got at my local rugby club carpark if I got one! haha
    daily driver has been polybushed, tein lowering springs and now wheels with different offsets so I'd imagine it will be miles out all round,v6 again different widths/offset wheels

•