Thread: Slipping Clutch

Slipping Clutch

Hey Ladies,

I have a problem, The entire clutch setup and flywheel are brand new but my clutch is slipping when I want to go full throttle.
    After some research I found out my slave cylinder gives no play on the release fork when the clutch is untouched. So I guess it can't make use of its full clamping capacity.

Any thoughts?

(is the shaft of the slave adjustable?)
    Don't shoot the messenger!

Some performance clutches need bedding in is the slave holding the pressure on or just touching and can u push the slave back .

The shaft is non adjustable. Did you take the slave cylinder apart before reinstalling it? I had good results with a slave cylinder revision set from rockauto.com. Gave the cylinder a slight hone and installed the set. Did that on two of my cars. Although one time I needed another cylinder because it was scratched. The revision sets are cheap, but you would have to bleed the system afterwards of course..

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Some performance clutches need bedding in is the slave holding the pressure on or just touching and can u push the slave back .
    What's does that mean, bedding in?

It gives constant pressure on the fork, no slack at all when the clutch pedal is untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by decipherer View Post
    The shaft is non adjustable. Did you take the slave cylinder apart before reinstalling it? I had good results with a slave cylinder revision set from rockauto.com. Gave the cylinder a slight hone and installed the set. Did that on two of my cars. Although one time I needed another cylinder because it was scratched. The revision sets are cheap, but you would have to bleed the system afterwards of course..
    It's the exact same cylinder, I did not take it apart.

Can u push the slave cylinder back

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    Can u push the slave cylinder back
    Not by hand.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Back your clutch pedal rod off by a couple of turns, it's on the rear of the pedal, a 12mm locknut.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Back your clutch pedal rod off by a couple of turns, it's on the rear of the pedal, a 12mm locknut.
    I'll try that, thanks!