thread: Will a Mk2 shifting assembly fit in a Mk1?

Jul 2013
    Germany

Will a Mk2 shifting assembly fit in a Mk1?

Hi guys,

I got my donor car (drove it from Manchester to Germany last week) and was wondering if I could fit the shifting assembly into the Mk1 if I modify the holder in the center console. My car is a autotragic Mk1b and the donor is a 3S-GTE Gen3 with the nice short shift knob, which I want to use in the 1.5 Would the cables be the right lenght or do I need to modify them or the bracket?

Greetings from Germany
    Last edited by hasskarre; 30-07-2013 at 11:53. : can`t spell

May 2011
    The Netherlands
    Hi guys,

I got my donor car (drove it from Manchester to Germany last week) and was wondering if I could fit the shifting assembly into the Mk1 if I modify the holder in the center console. My car is a autotragic Mk1b and the donor is a 3S-GTE Gen3 with the nice short shift knob, which I want to use in the 1.5 Would the cables be the right lenght or do I need to modify them or the bracket?

Greetings from Germany
    Just passed by this the otherday, might help you out:

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/sho...bles-extension
    Don't shoot the messenger!

Jul 2013
    Germany
    Yes, that actually helps. I might install a screw tread at the stick end so that I wont have to re-weld the cables when they arent the perfect lenght (if there isn`t one already). Fabricating an adapter for the whole assembly shouldnt be a big problem.

thanks

•