Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom exhaust for a mk1.5

Jp did mine and didn't extend the lambda wires or re route them away from the exhaust, hence melted wires screwed lambda and nearly a fried ecu, plus unknown maybe internal damage to the engine.
    I wasn't a happy bunny plus they scrapped my old stainless system rather than putting it in the boot so I could resell it and they don't have a pipe bender bigger than 2.5 at the time and couldn't modify the bends.

To say I was angry was an understatement from now on it maybe a 6 hour round trip but I'm going were phillis goes A.A.S of Newcastle .

Quote Originally Posted by chief44 View Post
    A.A.S looks good, but a 4-5 hour drive is a bit much I'm afraid.
    It's worth it.

I drove 3 1/2 hours to get there so I had piece of mind I was getting exactly what I want. I've previously been left disappointed by numerous 'custom' exhaust places. Many of them well recommended. However Stuart is on another level to most and his prices are very reasonable. I had to wait 3 months to get the MR2 in and I'm waiting on some money coming in and he's doing my RS6 exhaust.

Make a night away out of it, worst places to hang around for a day than Newcastle.

try spennymoor there is worse places lol.

My exhaust was £650 but that included fixing the Gouky manifolds the previous exhaust place bodged by chopping off the perfectly good flanges.

He fabricated a Y-pipe with 3 flexi sections and 2 lambda boss's, a pre silencer and custom backbox which used a large quantity of stainless and it took him at least a full day.

So for the money it was excellent value and more importantly he listened to what I wanted and reproduced it perfectly!

we have 2 place in ashford , kent that do a superb job
    http://www.fastroadconversions.com/
    done my old sc and eventually when my 1.5 will be done it will go there.. also pretty sure they have done a v6 on two brutal.
    here was my Mad SC, with one of their exhausts

and this is what it sounded like

and just cos i like to show it off heres what it looked like

AW11 3vz-FE hartop
    if you make it idiot proof
    they Will make a better idiot

Cheers for all the info everyone. I've still got a month of research to do before I can get it done, but it seems AAS is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    try spennymoor there is worse places lol.
    Aye your underpants.

Quote Originally Posted by chief44 View Post
    Cheers for all the info everyone. I've still got a month of research to do before I can get it done, but it seems AAS is the place to go.
    Yes mate, you will not be disappointed. Quality workmanship!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12