Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast

Thread: build thread and custom parts

The 6' x 4' on the left. I could make a summer camper out of that.

:)

The back end looks quite good from the pictures Mark and don't forget a lot of blemishes and faults can be cured with a good mopping.

Also loving your turn of phrase, I laugh but I know I really shouldn't. :laugh2::laugh2:

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Quote Originally Posted by Torero View Post
    The back end looks quite good from the pictures Mark and don't forget a lot of blemishes and faults can be cured with a good mopping.

Also loving your turn of phrase, I laugh but I know I really shouldn't. :laugh2::laugh2:
    unintentional turn of phrase...but alas you're right, it still looks likes a fucking shed, needs a final polish then a good scrub to get all the damn polish off!

then waxed!

not much more progress, had a mates car that was dropped off a few weeks back, rover 75 needed a clutch, brakes, tyres, control arms, track rod ends, drop links, top mounts rear springs, his parts bill is over £700 so far (still needs welding and rear brake pipes)

got the boot lid fitted and more interior trim but shes might be tarped for the winter!

Tarped for the winter, college is swallowing all my spare time but if possible I might get the front end in the work shop and sprayed

Well fuck there goes another summer, front end is painted and sitting on the car, needs some flattening and polishing, couple of paint blemishes need some attetnion too, pretty close to tarping it again for the winter though, fuck this is depressing, I'm in 3rd year at uni now, suspect free time will vanish as quickly my enthusiasm for this car!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Just keep chipping away, the end result will more than make up for the build time.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Just keep chipping away, the end result will more than make up for the build time.
    I'm desperate to get her on the rood for a darn good thrashing but i suspect the furthest she will get is 2 foot backwards then 2 foot forwards again!

well, it's Nov 2019, she hasn't been touched in years, pretty sure birds have moved in, the nice leather mk3 seats are probably moldy and the filler has cracked on the nsr CRP arch and she is still sitting under a tarp, amazingly the tyres are still fully inflated, I have also manages a 2:1 in my BEng hons Mechanical Engineering and am currently sitting the masters, maybe I can look at her next summer, MAYBE.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Make 2020 the year it happens mate.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here