Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre WoB's Mk1.6 Swap

Pre WoB's Mk1.6 Swap

Looks like i'm going down the 3VZ route since i just found this down the road:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/devon...ale/1018860810

124,000Miles and 332GBP for you in the northern hemisphere who's toilets flush the wrong way.

currently i have:

3SGTE mounts
    S54 Gearbox with axles
    1994 Camry (auto)

What i want (please add to list if you think i need to):

Paul Woods 3VZ Drivers side mount
    Jon.Sole's ROM Board (to make ECU happier)
    Gasket Kit
    Timing belt
    fidanza Flywheel (where do i get one? can i use a 3sge one?)
    water/oil pump

Looking at this as a long term project as i have a spare AW11 to drive in the mean time.
    WoB "Lol, paul its totaly your fault everyone loves you. your gonna have to act like a dick more often."
    PaulWoods "Go fuck yourself."

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I have a Fidanza i can send you with the mount, it will be a drilled 3s-ge one, you will need to use an uprated 3s-ge clutch kit with that, a stock 3s-ge one will fail.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Would an uprated 3sgte clutch work? i have one of thoes in the shed unused.

Also would a re drilled 3sge stock flywheel work?
    WoB "Lol, paul its totaly your fault everyone loves you. your gonna have to act like a dick more often."

Quote Originally Posted by Whore of Babylon View Post
    Would an uprated 3sgte one work? i have one of thoes in the shed unused.
    Sadly not, a 3S-GE flywheel has a very slightly different bolt pattern. 3S-GTE clutch pressure plate will need a turbo flywheel. Clutch disc needs to match the gearbox.

A decent Uprated clutch will do just fine, I use LUK (German make) but I'm sure there's others around you could make use of. I did try a standard clutch on a 3VZ swap and it slipped from day #1. You could give it 85-90% of the beans, but full power just revved away like you were riding the clutch pedal.

If you struggle to find a decent clutch it might be worth getting one sent with the flywheel. Just a thought.

C.

nah i just want to use the $300 uprated clutch i already own thats all

just picked up a full working car for 211.39GBP!!! That's cheap, whats the cheapest on the site am i close to the record? :P

Picking it up tonight, cant wait to start making it purr in the Camry before the swap.

Back in the very early days i was buying low mileage Camrys for under £100, that's before i told everyone they fit in an Mr2, then the price rarely dips below £400-£500.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I tell people a lot of things are your fault Paul!

;)

It wasn't my fault your dads condom burst. :)

My Camry's engine has two throttle cables attached; one is the accelerator and the other goes behind the rear of the engine and the firewall. i have no cruse control buttons in the car what could it be?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast