New head gasket
    Skimming the head
    Decking the block if it needs it
    Painting the top and cleaning the engine
    Turbo clutch redrilled
    Engine mount from the dark lord

And then I can get it in!

Bar 8 bolts the 3sge is nearly out just need the engine hoist from my mate

As long as u have no major hiccups and u got everything to hand the swap can be done in a weekend

That's a lot to do in three weeks.

Unless you live in the garage!

C.

I know right luckily work does allow 3-4 days off a week so I just need to knuckle down and do it. When you free chris?

Chris needs to finish the 2gr build first. Commoe on mate. Whats the hold up

I work full time, will take a look at the diary but its only likely to be a day here or there.

C.

I would suggest get as much done as u can alone then call in the cavalry when in dire need.
    Take read of many build posts . Mine included . All info is there. I'm sure u have been reading loads of build threads and a have a few favourites too.
    We have all encountered the od pitfal and its all documented.
    I spent 6 months reading different posts making notes , even strted browsing American forums as they seem to do alot of stuff with 3vz out there as camrys were a lot more common there..
    In the end with my build Chris and Pat kindly helped removing the 3s which chris had anyway and then chris kindly came and lent a hand bolting gearbox to the 3vz and hanging the 3vz in the 2. I did all the rest as u can see in the post.

Cheers for the advice mate

I have been reading as knowledge is power as we all know. As it stands the only bits in worried about us getting the gearbox married up and then the plumbing and wiring.

I'm sure there will be more though

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast