Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crazy Bastard Project

Cheers chris it's the ones that as you say have seized so will give it a go if the kids and wife ever let me get back out there - this dog is now seeming a bad fucking idea

The Crazy Bastard Project (J5 CBP )

If you think those gear cables are fun, wait until you feel the weight of a Camry gearbox.

You will check to see its not bolted to the floor, I shit ye not.

And then there's the torque converter.

:)

You be quiet lol.

Do need some more advice however. There is a cable that feeds from the passenger side round to the back of the engine and plugs into the gearbox. (I think) I can only assume this the speedo cable but how does it come off?

The Crazy Bastard Project (J5 CBP )

Yup speedo cable.

It has a screw top but you might need to clean it first to see it. Normally a pair of grips will free it.

C.

And here's a pic of the offending area:-

Last edited by cdwood2010; 03-06-2013 at 09:07.

Yeah felt like it but didnt want to go hammer and ring without first checking

Right more movement today

Arbs are giving me hell but all bar 4 bolts (seized) the subframe is disconnect. Drivers side drive shaft is out from the suspension arm and everything in the bay is ready to go (bar gear linkage mounts)

So really in about 2 hours from dropping it

Fingers crossed might get the camry done today to (delivered I mean)

Just chop the arb links . I chopped mine to remove them. Replacement can be had of ebay for about 20 quid for all 4

Well if I can win I'm going to lol nothing defeats me!!!

On a plus note a certain someone won't admit she likes my car and has bought me this

Not to everyone's tastes but seeing as I'm a huge fan!!!! Puts a massive smile on my face ;)

Enter sandman, fuel, master of puppets,one, for whom the bell tolls ring any bells ?

P.o.d, slayer, Nazareth, Judas Priest, credence clear water revival, Saxon wheels of steel just because it has a triumph reving at the beginning of the track, just a few of the classics when I dig my 45s picture discs out and feel like a heavy metal liquid metal thrash metal soft metal mash up.

Look what's here :)

Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast