Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758 LastLast

Thread: The Crazy Bastard Project

Forget trd/bomex/toms I'm Gona get foam gun out of my van wtf [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    This was the very project that changed the name of cardboard to karlboard. :)

Everyone loves an enthusiastic build but it's safe to say it was never going to work out.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

If I'd of known about this technique Paul I'd of done my sills myself with 6mm ply and foam gun [emoji3]

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    It's how I'm going to do them anyway :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    It's how I'm going to do them anyway :)
    Lmfao

The trick is, not to much at once, and leave it to set proper....

It dries with air contact, if you sand it to soon it's still soft and Gooey in the middle..

And if you squirt it into confined spaces...make sure you have a few vents, it's good at popping sheets of wall board off.
    And if your pumping it into a car to stop rattles, ummm....conduit the harness where it passes through the goo..dont ask...lol
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

And for my next trick.....the waterproof teabag!!!

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Quote Originally Posted by Mr2karl_tbar View Post
    Ok so over winter I didn't get to do much the cold halted my work - I found that out that hard way when £20 worth of resin didn't set!!!! So as soon as the weather came in I spent a day correcting this!! Live an learn.....

Anyway I now have the car at the stage where I have a single solid frame (bar the arches) around the entirety of the car so I can now work at creating the arches and looking at the shape of the car. So far it has left me with this

I realised one problem o using a rented space such as this is no light!! So needed the car turned around

Time to put her back on the floor

Very happy!! Due to the limited space though it took me 6 hours!!! I can change an alternator quicker than that!!!

So anyway some mates came round and gave me a hand to move it, this have me the first view since it went in of what I have actually achieved and how it's looking

There is still a lot of work to do and as you can see I have removed the piece of shot from the bonnet - just no!!

I am really pleased with where I have got to on this so far and despite the fact I'm a longway off of finished I'm proud this is working!

So car turned round time to start on the front :)

Always wondered what happened to this idiot.....

This is the police drop the foam gun and step away from the car.