Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455565758 LastLast

Thread: The Crazy Bastard Project

The final mould will be created with high rigidity. For sure I'm not taking any risks on this. I intend on riveting and bonding to the car. This will be as it stands now, and to the lower half of the car, this kit is being built down and under the vehichle

You are a brave man. We call that "putting all of your eggs in one basket". There's no turning back now- Git 'er done!

That's the plan my over the pond amigo!!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Karl, how are you going to get wheels to fit this? Surely it is going to need 18" wheel spacers each side?

Also i presume you are aware this won't fit on an MOT ramp or fit into the brake rollers?

How do you plan to get around that to make it road legal?

I have to agree with Mike i'm afraid, what you are doing is just not going to work mate.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

At the end of the day if I can make what I want work I'm happy to accept I can only use it as a track toy I will.

Wheels wise they only need to come out 9" tops!! Which surprised me too so that kind of makes it feasible to an extent. And I'm looking at split rims

Oh and width wise it's no wider than an American car for example. Ie the bigger ones. I assure you the pictures do it no justice, it's not as wide as it looks :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr2karl_tbar View Post
    I assure you the pictures do it no justice

How did I miss this thread??! This reminds me somewhat of the mr2 beach buggy project on IMOC. I hope it doesn't end up going the same way. The rear of that just doesn't look right at the moment

No it really isn't. I love how the top lines are but following down to the boot just isn't right and coming down to the skirts is not right yet either. Plenty of time to play though

I am trying not to be negative here, I fully support anyone brave enough to get stuck in on major bodywork like this.

But I have to say at this point I am just utterly lost about how this is supposed to end up with a viable structure. Any chance of some sort of diagram illustrating how the mould process is intended to produce the final panels?

I wouldn't be too worried about the width in itself, can't be any worse than a Murcielago rep for example??