Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crazy Bastard Project

I showed Matt this thread today. I couldn't figure out which emotion i had managed to tweak......

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

This is the Toyota Royal Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Cars (TRSPCC) enforcement department, please do not adjust your screens.

Collectively as an organisation, we carefully monitor the TwoBrutal website as we find it inspirational and informative in realising the true potential of some of our vehicles and engines which in turn helps us to design cars that meet every drivers need.

Over the last few years, this information has been documented, with great interest, and analysed carefully utilising each and every opportunity to further improve our new range of vehicles ensuring that as an organisation we deliver on our customers' expectations.

This includes all work that has been documented at this goldmine, from the original and fabulous V8 Mk1 conversion down to the PEC (Proto-type Economy Camper - AKA, The Shed) with great interest, and as such we would like to say thank you for each and every contribution that members have made.

However, in light of this most recent project, being the "Crazy Bastard Project", we felt forced to intervene. Under Section 4, Paragraph 3 the TRSPCC it clearly states that any such projects that compromise not only the Toyota brand, but also place a risk on the car industry as a whole should be terminated without exception.

As such, we thereby give notice that we will be reclaiming the vehicle in line with the above offence within 7 days. To ensure that we operate fairly, we will compensate you the full value relative to the time, effort and result that you have so far achieved. A cheque for £2.50 has already been prepared.

Please note, that any attempts to replicate this project in the future will result in full disciplinary action of the TRSPCC without exception.

Thank you for your attention.

Here Here - We were about to bring it in for a full vehicle inspection as we were concerned about the integrity of whatever is left underneath the cardboard.

This is the Toyota Royal Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Cars (TRSPCC) enforcement department, please do not adjust your screens.

In addition to our last comment, please accept our apologies but the cheque amount was incorrect. The correct amount is £0.25.

Hi Karl,ive just seen the photos of the body kit your trying to build on your car. I admire your enthusiasm, but I feel that you are going to invest alot of money on materials,on something thats not going to work. ive worked for many years in composites,pre preg and wet lay up, building air craft components, and thats not the way to do it! I dont mean to cause any disrespect,but it would work out cheaper and a better result,to invest in a nice TRD replica kit. hope ive not offended. Mike

Hey mike. No that's completely cool. This is incredibly experiential and I intend on seeing this to the end. The outlay has not been excessive as of yet and I intend on running with that. However if you feel you can offer any expertise and advice I'm always listening!!

thanks for not taking any offence Karl! Mike

No not at all mate. I'm aware what I'm doing is beyond mental but as this progresses it will allow me to view different things and to make changes as required. This will work one way or another it's just a case of finding the most appropriate route. As Paul says the likely good is will end up casting off this and using that. Support can be offered by creating an underframe essentially giving it something to sit on.

OK so I get the idea of what you're doing now Karl.

So how are you going to attach the finished skin to the chassis? Will it be bonded to the original panels, bolted to the panels, or will the panels be coming off and you'll bolt it directly to the tub?

Despite a V8 power plant, the first 2 options add weight but I can't help tghinking that the final option is just too flimsy for road use.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno