Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crazy Bastard Project

Well it's nearly out all that is left is the driveshafts and subframe, oh and engine mounts too!!!!

Here's a few pics of me as I go.

And just one after a small spike beat my finger up

Was removing a stubborn coolant pipe and shot across the engine bay as it came off fuxking thing

So it's nearly there. Need to feed the kids so stopped (plus I wanted a fag and ran out if beer) but will continue as soon as I feel like it lol

Epic work there!

The water filler and rubber pipe that's secured to the strut tower can be removed, as its not needed.

Also disconnect the fuel pipe from the top of the filter (catch the washers) and tuck the pipe into the top of the engine.

Remove or disconnect the battery if you haven't already, then take the fat cable off the starter and tuck that into the corner under the fuel filler pipe.

Hth.

Chris.

Yeah no worries, not worried a about the rubber hose yet as once the engine is out I'm gonna wash snd respray the bay anyway as I want it a different colour to the car. White or black I imagine just not decided yet

Fuxking recovery cunt bailed on me!!!! Took my £10 deposit too!!

I'm fuming

Whoa! Uncool!

Was this with Shiply? Any reserves?

C.

Certainly was!!!!!

Bad start to that service

No reserves only other guy would have had my car confiscated as he would have been towing it!!! Cheeky shit

Have a chat with Patrick (headmistress) see if he knows anyone, that's his corner of the world.

C.

I'm having a small issue getting the gear linkages removed. They are undone from the gear box but stuck in their mount. Prob need a good whack but there is very limited workspace there

Any suggestions?

The Crazy Bastard Project (J5 CBP )

Hello mate.

The pins on the gearbox levers or the alloy bit with a spring clip holding it in place!?

Pins - use a claw hammer to get under them. The brass centre welds on there.

Spring clip ones - these seize to the gearbox loops - a gentle tap with a wooden drift normally pops them free.

Once removed, tie them up to the cross bar hole with a big zip strip.

C.

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast