Page 12 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crazy Bastard Project

Just paint it black blue or red.. I did mine yellow.. its all down to personal taste.

ok time for a fully fledge update

so the camry is sitting outside my garage, if i put it in there i then have to remove it to be able to put the engine it to perform the necessary works! And when i say sitting, its still in one piece :( i accept all slaps that come my way for not having done anything!

I have been a bit busy on the buying side of things. Nothing really important but bits i wanted including:

red hycote paint for inlet mani and callipers
    the infamous 'built not bought' sticker

oh actuallly i have not been that busy....

I need to get my HG to rebuild my engine but after some looking around on ebay (sorry paul) i have only found one and it includes pretty much everything from the HG itself to valve stem seals etc. Do i need all this or is there a cheaper option? truthfully i dont really know what im replacing once its open.

I still have not decided on a colour for the cover on the engine, im toying with an extremely outlandish colour such as green or orange or something a bit more subtle like a metalic black. The engine bay needs painting too, its either going white or black i havent decided, but am leaning towards the white as at least i know when i have a problem!

The awful 3s is almost out the car, 3 engine mounts and subframe bolts to go, still waiting for the engine hoist from my mate. I detached the drive shafts from the suspension arms as im using a rev3 n/a box so will just pop the drive shafts out with that and use them.

I have my wing and door ready to be painted and go on but decided they can sit on the back burner for now as its more important to have a running car than a pretty car.

im potentially in the purchase of a welder for £80 so i will be able to rebuild my arches and sills once the engine is in and running.

so here is a handful of questions i could use answering:

1) i want an aftermarket intake system instead of the big ol' air box it comes with, any suggestions?

2) has anyone performed a wire tuck on the 3vz before and was it difficult?

3) asides my spanners am i missing anything important right now?

1) i want an aftermarket intake system instead of the big ol' air box it comes with, any suggestions?

You can buy an AFM adapter plate on eBay and bolt a fuck off big k&n on there. Do that.

2) has anyone performed a wire tuck on the 3vz before and was it difficult?

Are you talking about pruning the excess from the loom? Don't. The majority of people that try fuck it up. The Dark Lord will make you a custom loom if you would like, plug and play, no wiring to do.

3) asides my spanners am i missing anything important right now?[/QUOTE]

Pictures. Or it didn't happen.

:)

Still need advice on the gasket set too please, I know I'm impatient but want to order it this week and if I don't need all if it would rather not (although) I know it's beneficial to have kicking around ;)

I've used the £65 gasket set from eBay with no issues.

The Dark Lord hates the eBay head gaskets with a passion. Mind you in all fairness you have to up your game by quite a bit when you're providing a service for paying customers.

If you're up for taking a chance, use the eBay gasket set. Lets face it; home builds are 50% luck.

If you intend to use this car for anything other than 'fecking about' then use better head gaskets.

Personally I am happy to take a punt; its not the end of the world if they fail at some point.

JapScrap was built using them, still holding 2 years later.

C.

Ok that's worth knowing thank you chris

Again sorry for so many questions

No problem, ask lots of questions.

There's a wide range of experience and opinions on TwoBrutal, at the end of the day you've got to decide between budget / difficulty / end goals etc.

For me it's always been about taking a whack at something and seeing how it turns out. There's no real right and wrong. Only the outcome.

If at the end if the day you've a car you can drive and have fun in, I would call that a win.

:)

Chris.

;)

Cheers dude

Getting my welder tonight so quite exited. Sorted the electrical issue too. I was reading it wrong :)