Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crazy Bastard Project

The Crazy Bastard Project

Welcome to what is sure to be one head ache from the next for me building and you reading!!!

Firstly, lets start with a little about my car.

I bought this off a chap on mr2oc for the grand sum of £200 taxed and tested. It had a known alternator problem and an unfortunate collision with a micra...... i know right?? which left the passenger door and wing dented. Other wise a cute little car.

Since owning it i have fitted a fujitsubo exhaust (thanks mr t!), replaced the alternator (thanks chris!) and tidied the interior with some very clean leather seats.

This is her as she stands:

I must say im happy, well until the poxy n/a engine decided it didnt want to play ball anymore!!!

so that bring me to this project thread.

With very little persuasion i have been convinced a v6 is right for me. i mean this is my spiritual home after all!!! lets face it if your reading this your not exactly sane either are you! .....

With a little poking around i ws eventually put in touch with a chap called russell (bodgesport connection!) and soon we were talking pennies.

Money is to be exchanged tomorrow making me the proud owner of a 3.0 v6 93 cammy!! providing all is well after that i will then take delivery this coming sunday (2nd june) and begin the process of removal and stripping the car to make some money back.

Delivered its costing me £385 which seems nice and reasonable!

So watch this space for (hopefully) regular updates and photos and im sure stupid questions!

(project title is a utilization of my number plater btw :))

Last edited by Mr2karl_tbar; 29-05-2013 at 22:30.

Nice motor. I didn't know you could get them in colours other than black!

Your reg alone is probably worth £200 by the way.

Glad you've jumped in with that Cammy, a short while from now you will be wiping the drool from your face as you hoon about grinning in a very different animal. The 3VZ on that exhaust system will sound epic. I know this for a fact.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Nice motor. I didn't know you could get them in colours other than black!

Your reg alone is probably worth £200 by the way.

Glad you've jumped in with that Cammy, a short while from now you will be wiping the drool from your face as you hoon about grinning in a very different animal. The 3VZ on that exhaust system will sound epic. I know this for a fact.

C.
    So am I dude it's going to be epic!!! I will in time mod the engine but for now engine accents are fine and a decent breathing system :)

If I can do this by japshow then sweet!! If not then never mind there's always JAE

As for colour, I know right!!!!!!

Good to hear you are talking about V6's at last. You will have it up and running in no time :)

Anyone know where I can get decent paint for the inlet mani???

Quote Originally Posted by Mr2karl_tbar View Post
    get some hammerite, true brutal style,..lol

Lol thought that just wanted a nice clean finish with no brush marks etc

Lol thought that just wanted a nice clean finish with no brush marks etc
    you clearly never used hammerite before,..
    u can buy it in spray cans as well, but the brush on stuff usually dries and smooths itself out and u cant see any brush strokes..

there u go brushed on hammerite is yellow and sprayed on is green

Last edited by mrT; 30-05-2013 at 14:52.

Touché

Had a mate use it and it just looked to streaky

I just used a spray can from halfords

Page 1 of 58 123451151 ... LastLast