thread: Mk3 3sgte install

Sep 2010
    Barkingside Essex

Mk3 3sgte install

I'm looking to carry out a 3sgte install on my Mk3 but not too sure where to begin

Ideally i'd like to build up a collection of parts and start the swap later on in the year

Luckily my dad is quite handy with a welder so i'm sure he'd be able to fabricate some engine mounts for me

Shopping list

1) Turbo engine and gearbox package
    2) turbo/uprated fuel pump
    3) charge cooler setup
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)

one thing i'm really unsure about is the driveshaft and hub setup (ideally I'd like to go with turbo hubs so I can run 5x114 wheels

Feb 2011
    uk
    Mk2 turbo gearbox and drive shafts
    After market ecu
    3sgte engine loom.
    Downpipes
    Full 3sgte engine with injectors turbo. Exhaust manifold etc

Mar 2005
    Poole, Dorset
    St205 ECU and chargecooler pump.

Sep 2010
    Barkingside Essex
    So is there a difference between the 3sgte engines in the mr2 and the gt4

Would I need to get an engine bay wiring loom from a gt4 st205

Mar 2005
    Poole, Dorset
    i did a standard rev3 swap into a mk1 and added the st205 ECU and chargecooler later if that helps, should think the loom is pretty much the same but the ECUs are different im guessing. i had to get the st205 ecu to monitor the CC pump..plus with jon soles info the st205 ecu is tweakable.

Sep 2010
    Barkingside Essex
    i did a standard rev3 swap into a mk1 and added the st205 ECU and chargecooler later if that helps, should think the loom is pretty much the same but the ECUs are different im guessing. i had to get the st205 ecu to monitor the CC pump..plus with jon soles info the st205 ecu is tweakable.
    there are a couple of st205 ecu's on ebay so will probably get one of those as well as a st205 chargecooler core etc

I've managed to get in touch with one of the guys on spyderchat who has carried out a similar swap, so I need to source a camry outer cv joint to modify one of the turbo driveshafts

Oct 2007
    hartlepool,
    i have a near on full kit that im going to sell if your interested???
    I originally bought it for a mk1 conversion then was going to shove it in the mk3 but it never come about.

•