thread: 3sgte ecu

Nov 2010
    HARLESTON NORFOLK

3sgte ecu

Hi all,

I have just bought a 3sgte engine from a celica question I need answering as I know absolutely nothing about Ecu's is

Are Mr2 3sgte Ecu's the same as celica ones?.

Thanks.

Sep 2007
    stockport

3sgte ecu

We need a bit more info as to what celica it was fitted to like st165 185 202 205 or what rev or age of car as then you can tell if its a rev 1/2/3 etc

Jon sole could probably tell you more or search here for 3sgte.

Feb 2011
    uk
    I sold the rev 3 engine out of my st205 together with loom and injectors to a chap who wanted to fit it in a mr2.. but he was planning on reusing his own ecu . I beleive the ecu is car dependent and has additional bits of info written in which is car specific

Nov 2010
    HARLESTON NORFOLK
    It's a st185 and will be swapped for 3sfe

Jun 2007
    Bristol
    I can answer the question regarding rev3+ MR2 ECus vs ST205 ECUs - the answer is no, they are not the same. The most obvious differences are that the MR2 ECU has pins that control the power steering and override the engine bay fan, while the ST205 ECU have pins for the charge cooler and (I think) water injection. They are very similar though, and I have converted my MR2 to run the ST205 ECU.

I would suspect there are similar differences between the rev1/2 MR2 ECU and the ST185 one - at very least, there's probably a difference of a couple of pins regarding control of the power steering.

•