Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mk3 turbo ever come up for sale?

mk3 turbo ever come up for sale?

Wotcha

I've had my Mk3 for about 2 weeks now and it needs more poke, what I wondering is do any of these turbo converted cars ever come up for sale and how much?

failing that is a kit about £3K I suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by 350matt View Post
    Wotcha

I've had my Mk3 for about 2 weeks now and it needs more poke, what I wondering is do any of these turbo converted cars ever come up for sale and how much?

failing that is a kit about £3K I suppose?
    I haven't seen one up for sale ...
    why don't u just build one...
    get yourself a 3sgte, plus loom plus ecu etc etc and bolt it in.. failing that, and if you don't want to get your hands dirty we have the good ol Mr Paul Woods on hand here, give him a call, book your car in and wait for the magic to happen

Noo supercharge a 2zz much better or fit a 1mz even a 2gr is possible if you want a ballistic car.

A kit with most of the bits to give you about 200 horses, yes about £3k. Cars with a kit already fitted would run to a lot more than that, if they are half decent.
    I would want at least £6.7k to part with mine, but its a very rare kit, 240 horses with full chargecooler and custom exhaust, plus a lot of other goodies.
    you are right though, they don't come up already converted very often.
    A supercharged 2zz would be superb, but currently don't know of one running in the UK.
    They are good fun though! :)
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

a 3 gste you say? I suppose that's be the mk2 MR2 lump?

surely easier to turbo the 1ZZ thats already in there?
    So if I was to tackle it myself turbno go for a GT28 turbo,
    fabricate or source an exhaust manifold then one of those barrel type charge coolers
    plus a piggy back or standalone ECU ?
    what pigggy backs are people using, Apexi? Greddy E-manage?

Push it to Rev3 bpu would cost, 5-10k. Have fun with boosted ZZ engines, must stronger all parts and the break anyway early or later with HP

Have a look at turbo-kits.com they do a nice starter kit for about 2k.

Yes, and where is the Ecu you need, the Clutch, Injectors, the mapping for the Ecu.. And if you have all, the engine is quite stock with a high Compression ratio of 11.5:1, not a good base for much Power!

You will get to around 270 horses with stock internals, before it becomes too fragile to be practical. Much above that and rods will make a bid for freedom on a regular basis!
    Also big slugs of torque don't go well with a chocolate gearbox, so smooth mapping is a big factor to making things last.
    Having said that, anything over 200 in a car that weighs a ton is quite entertaining.
    If you are after big numbers though, an engine swap or forged internals are on the cards. My driving skills wouldn't be up to that I don't think!!
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Yes thats realistic, so the ZZ is the lump :) Also a LSD would be nice for the Gearbox, Wideband Lambda, think you must put around 5000 in it, and mount the parts yourself..
    But i didn't heard really from a swaped W3 to 3SGTE, is it practical? The W2 with the weight of the W3 would be very nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast