Thread: sway bar bushing front

sway bar bushing front

Is this supossed to be like this, I'm afraid Ill strip the screw/ stud If I continue to tighten this, the screws are so short, they are a bitch to get in.

I got a 91 MR2, the powerflex add says: front 17.5 mm 90-99 mr2

Don't shoot the messenger!

Yikes, that doesn't look right. A few mm of bulge is one thing, but that just looks like the wrong bush my man...

Someone with an encyclopaedic knowledge will probably tell you what its from, but i don't think that's the right bush. You might get away with slicing it down in theory.

DON'T keep tightening though, if you shear that internal captive nut its a whole world of pain...

I agree with Tommy - you might get away with trimming it.

Its way too big, and you cant leave it like that......

c.

looks like the wrong bush.... Washers?
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

I apologise now for bringing this thread back from the dead but MMaddict is right, the Powerflex ARB bushes are a bad design, they do not fit because they're wrong in depth and width. I contacted Powerflex about the issue and they did offer me my money back but I opted to cut them (fool!) but now I wish I had my money back! I have damaged a new set of ARB brackets, so now I'm going to buy the standard Toyota set.