Thread: 4AGE Thing to lose = Beautiful engine bay

4AGE Thing to lose = Beautiful engine bay

What can I remove from my 4AGE to make it just plain engine and basic components needed. I know I don't want air conditioning (Belt is already removed, lol). I want it to look like this..
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7180/6...93fe938c_z.jpg

Anyhow, what can I lose. I just want a list.. :D

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    It's extremely difficult to wire tuck and clean up a Mk1 engine bay because of the engine layout, everything in there is needed, the best you can do is move the expansion bottle and possibly fusebox into the boot, fit a JIMI bracket instead of the throttle bracket, not a lot else you can do really.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

That's not removing, that's hiding. For example, the HT leads have been extended to allow them to hide in the bulkhead. The rest of the loom will have had the same treatment.

:( I see :(
    Well for air condition removal what do I need to take out??

Belt, pump, lines, condenser are the usual suspects. You could also change your interior control panel for a non AC one. Will save you 7 metric fuck-tonnes in weight too.

Further comment on that picture, there is a substantial lack of vac hoses and air-box nonsense as a result of running ITB's. That would help the clutter, but would also tidy up the spare cash in your wallet!!

In the end I want ITB so that makes sense. :b

Quote Originally Posted by Tommytank View Post
    Belt, pump, lines, condenser are the usual suspects. You could also change your interior control panel for a non AC one. Will save you 7 metric fuck-tonnes in weight too.
    About how much weight are we talking saved without these things?

Having never had aircon on an MR2, i cannot comment with accuracy, but the pump, condenser, and all the other gubbins from my Camaro saved around 25kg. Its down to almost 3 tonnes now!! :icon_lol: