Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: My mk3 2gr build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oil pan is the lowest point on the car.

Far left and right.

Got the car running today. Had to have Ralf help me out with the e-throttle and pretty much anything related to the vipec. Got to wire in the coolant fan and make the exhaust and it will be time to put it back together. I spent some time yesterdsay and there is no way I'm going to get equal length. I can with the piping 2 inch off the ground. Enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7114...m-upload_owner

Got the axle finish.

Plug the a/c lines. The spyder a/c connectors works for the 2gr. Just have to trim the inside part. I think you can use the spyder lines cutting the rubber lines and attach it again. Stock rubber hose are too long. Should be fairly simple (tool ranging from $250-$1000+). Depends on which a/c you get tho. I thought I had a sienna like my harness but it had a different plug which worked with the spyder plug. Still not sure from which car/year.

Reroute the lines for the passenger abs sensor and tail light (I think, been too long since I took it apart) through the antenna cable. I'm using the passenger harness hole for the vipec. Cleaner I think.

All the oil in the picture is because I busted the seal on the slave cylinder pressurizing the system (I was pumping like crazy!!!). Once I figured it out it was a simple job. IIRC the mk2 wasn't anything like this.

Hows how it's looking right now. Got minor stuff to finish but 10 minor equals quite a bit.

Epic work.

If you can't make the exhaust equal length, fit a balance pipe in there maybe?

:)

^Thanks you.

Got the car running this evening. Took it out and drove for about 2 hours. Everything seems good to go. Shifting is good, no grinding.

While I had the motor out I cut one of the heater pipe further back so i can just hook unhook one of the shifter cables.

I had to make a tool a while back to tighten thos16AN fittings. Works very well.
    I was lucky I didn't throw the section I cut out away yet as I had to weld it back on to make the swivel fit. Those fittings are 1.5" long.

Spiffing. Better get mine finished!

Any issues / codes thrown with the wiring?

Chris.

A video. Sorry a little blurry. Wife doesn't know how to focus on the dlsr.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aC4j...ature=youtu.be

I'm on a vipec v88. No codes here for set for a 1 fault code since my wideband sends a 5.1v signal at 22.1 afr and 5.0v is max on my cal table.

Love your wife's comments god dammit lol as you accelerate into the distance.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast