thread: My mk3 2gr build

May 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Very tight clearance everywhere.

Mar 2005
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    That looks great, a little overcomplicated compared to my method but if it works it works!

One thing i spotted was the angle you have the cable bracket on the "gate" cable....

You seem to have maxed the angle out already (green) because of the position of the mounting bracket, the selector linkahe moves in an arc (Red) so when you move that linkage forward that angle (blue) is going to get worse, the cable may have issues in future or tighten towards one end of the throw due to that angle, it would be better if you could straighten the bracket to the yellow position to keep the cable at 90* to the pivot, like you have done with your other selector cable which looks perfect.

Just thinking longevity and smoother operation really.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Mar 2012
    Rotherhithe
    I love your brackets etc.
    Me too - they look excellent.

May 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Thanks guy. I never done these kind of work so it means a lot to me.

May 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Paul I think the linkage I'm going to leave it the way it is. It's was mentally challenging (like those swap people part out, too long = losing interest).

May 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Gas pedal adapter if finish. The rest is just putting the car together now.

Get it painted and put it in once. I'm 5'2" and i barely fit in there. Remember to remove the pig tail, lol.

May 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ok. I had some cut and damage connectors. The spyder has the extra plug I need so that saves time. I don't have the correct plugs for my a/c so I'll be taking that off. I bought it off ebay and was suppose to be for a sienna but it doesn't match up. Thats cool thats how ebay is.

If anyone has advise please help. Here's what I have plan.

spyder ecm - run starter, oil pressure sensor, engine coolant temp (might piggy to the vipec or run a separate one for vipec), alternator.

Vipec ems - Wiring as per Vipec, Cam sensor (x4, hall type), crank sensor (reluctor type), VVT oil thing (x4), MAP sensor, IAT, Knock sensor (x2), wideband (y-pipe), DBW, TPS.

Fuel - maybe both but sihnal to vipec.
    Speed sensor - From abs (I think), shouldn't be a problem sending it to the vipec, or else use the e153 electrical speed sensor.
    Reverse safety switch - I didn't pay attention if the spyder had one on the tranny. Would have to look into it.

I think that should be it.

1zz harness, organizing what I need

Damage, order a older version off ebay

This side engine harness is all messed up.

Sep 2007
    Up the creek
    That looks great, a little overcomplicated compared to my method but if it works it works!

One thing i spotted was the angle you have the cable bracket on the "gate" cable....

You seem to have maxed the angle out already (green) because of the position of the mounting bracket, the selector linkahe moves in an arc (Red) so when you move that linkage forward that angle (blue) is going to get worse, the cable may have issues in future or tighten towards one end of the throw due to that angle, it would be better if you could straighten the bracket to the yellow position to keep the cable at 90* to the pivot, like you have done with your other selector cable which looks perfect.

Just thinking longevity and smoother operation really.
    Funnily enough Paul, that's the one thing i picked up on too....

Other than that, top work indeed!

May 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    I deleted the evap system and canister. Honestly I have no clue how to wire it. This is how I am doing my fuel mod.

I drilled the hole way before and just never finish doing the fuel line (3 month ago). If I had known I would had use that capped hole as my return.

This is how I am hooking my fuel line. Sensor on the return line. i love how it turned out. There's no where to mount it.

May 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Waiting for the 16NA ss and aluminum fittings to arrive to redrop the fuel tank :( and weld on the fittings. It was more than what I wanted to spend :( Have to reroute one of the hard line. Due to the a/c lines not deleted I can't fit an aluminum tube inside. 20AN fittings are too expensive and 16AN should do. I also got frustrated at looking pages of 1 1/4" forms hose. Once you add in and buy the formed radiator hose, it would cost a bit less than going AN fittings. One of the hard line looks like it will hit the header. Stock header will clear.

New radiator is also in. I was going to run lines all the way but for an extra $250-$350 I will spend it else where.

•