Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: My mk3 2gr build

Here is how I plan to do my linkage. There will be three separate bracket to three different mounting point. I think this is easier for me. Paul Woods and Shara Yakuza both works great also.

I tired to take it off before I looked at the part diagram, lol.

In green is what are reusable from the sw20 e153. Those circle in gary needs to be bought new. I ordered one of the part and it will take months until I get the part from Japan.

Yellow and Red will need to be bought new or used. Red is one piece unlike the spyder.

Once everything is good to go, this have to be shaved and a new pice has to be welded on.

Here are a few frustrating things about figuring out the linkage.

Here's a thought I had. On the 3sgte the intake manifold is on this side. I could be possible with custom cables but IDK about the headers (with the bend to the shifter bracket). Setup like an all-trac.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I think you're overcomplicating the gear linkage setup, just get the selector assembly from a GT4 (alltrac) , that will slide straight in as one unit and work, then use the roadster linkages copying the way Toyota do it on the roadster gearbox, and make a custom gear cable bracket..... done.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Here's what I came out with. I think it works great. Just need to tweak and peek a little to get everything tight. Making the cable bracket would be the last thing I do. A little more work on the selector shaft but I kind of like the out come better. Let me know what you think Paul.

Got my shaft completed.

Very nice, that is basically a variation on how I do it with the linkages just in slightly different places but the operation is the same, I don't recognize your selector assembly though .... .. what transmission is that from? I use a GT4 one but the shift arm is 180* out to your one..... great work though, i'm glad you didn't go down the extended cable route.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Gen4 3sgte. Its probably the same I assumed. I took the two inner locks on the shaft and turned it 180 degree. One tooth on the inner locks has to be dremal down. There was a few components/guards on the shaft from the gen4 that didn't do anything so I too k those off. Idk if the gt4had those components/guards on the inner locks.

Ah, you turned the shaft 180*, that explains why I didn't recognize it, when I use the Gt4 assembly the whole design is copied from the roadster way of doing it with the "gate" selector underneath the shaft. Nice work though, I love your brackets etc.

Linkage completed. Shifts great. A little tricky to install but nothing impossible.

Shifter again

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast