Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My mk3 2gr build

I plan to make the mount something like this. Make a plate to adapt the stock engine mount reverse, moving the mount one hole back. For the bracket use the 3 red hole as a mounting point.

I don't want to cut the crossmember any more thinner at this area to use the stock mounting point for the e153 because if I do, I need to figure a way to make room to wrench the two bolt in. The crossmember would be so thin and would have to beef it up with materials.

Alined the axle. Move the engine a tad forward otherwise the engine's locations is good to go. Got to study for class this whole week.

Driver

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Yep, I cut this far back, nothing wrong with that, just make a new mounting point for the MK2 3 bolt mount on the opposite side of the subframe and you're good to go.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Rear Mount is completed. I'm going to go back and check all the other mounts and p[lay with the stock passenger mount. I'm not sure what I wanna do next, gas pedal or the linkage. Might striaght working on my new fuel line and routing the radiator. Need a break my brackets. So far all the mount looks good.

Enjoy the pic.

I'm been looking at the linkage. Currently modded a gen4 3sgte shaft to fit. Have to machine an adapter to flip one of the linkage adapter to flip it 180. The stock spyder bracket stay for the cable I might cut up and weld it onto something since it's a very tight fit squeezing it in as is. Should have it figure out in a few weeks, lol.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Take a look at my 2gr Mk3 build threads, you'll see the easiest way to modify the linkages there.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast