Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My mk3 2gr build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My mk3 2gr build

Hi everyone. I am currently building a 2gr for my mrs. So far got the driver and passenger side mount on. Still working on the other two mount. Build plan.

2gr
    e153
    turbo axle with modded camry axle
    vipec v88
    MWR Fuel Pump 265lph
    Fidanza Flywheel
    ATS clutchmaster stage 4

Exhaust/header I will be making my own. Been thinking of routing it over the tranny for future turbo. I plan to atleast have a/c. Haven't really figure out how I wnt to do the shifters.

Hello and welcome!

Great project although your assistant looks a little young!

:)

Chris.

vipec v88 eh?

I'm subscribing to see the progress!

That is really cool. I want to see the progress as well. Best of luck to you! (oh and ummm, what's a Vipec v88?)

Quote Originally Posted by Grenade View Post
    That is really cool. I want to see the progress as well. Best of luck to you! (oh and ummm, what's a Vipec v88?)
    http://www.vi-pec.com/ecus/v88
    Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Some spot where I had to hit with a mallet and shave off. I got tired of moving the engine left and right as I lower the car to clear the motor and tranny.

I'm going to try to get a new piece made to use the stock engine mount using the three bolt. This engine is from a Sienna. I think the highlander and Sienna are the same and the Rav4 is a bit different.

Rav4 (Thanks to Gouky)

Passenger Mount. I am using innovation engine mount as the passenger mount is a lot stronger. My stock mount has too much free play to get a good measurement of it. I'm not sure if the mount will last itself (84,000 miles on stock passenger mount). I am using the stock mount to for measurement since the bolt hole are a lot smaller for a precision measurement (10mm vs 12mm innovation).

A little explanation. Only on the stock one. Once all other bracket has been made we'll see what happens with the stock mount again. I might had to do some adjustment on CAD for the stock passenger mount.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast