Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My wife thinks I'm sad!!

Icon11 My wife thinks I'm sad!!

Got all excited today when I went to see my Two in a local body shop.

It has been in for around six weeks and is nearly ready for me to take home .

I arranged to have the sills, rear arches and rear lower quarters to be replaced as there were signs of blistering in the paint work. While it was in I
    asked them to have a good dig/look around underneath incase there was more rust worm, but it seems I am lucky as they did not find any serious rust areas even though she's nearly 24 :icon_lol: .

Sorry to bore everyone with my story, I'm just glad it seems to be a good one after spending thousands over the last 5 years.
    Last edited by johnny8; 10-04-2013 at 21:31.

pics we demand pics you cant leave us hanging after that statement.

Okay, Okay, soon as I get her back.

I will get the camera out and get on my hands and knees to get some good bottom shots :icon_mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by johnny8 View Post
    I will get the camera out and get on my hands and knees to get some good bottom shots :icon_mrgreen:
    We do like a good bottom shot, Johnny.

Geat to hear about the rest of her as well, buddy. :thumbsup:

John.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Yeah iam all for seeing pics as well. Bet you cannot wait till get her back on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny8 View Post
    I'm still paying the fine from the last time I did that. :(

Yeh

Should have her back on Fri 19th :icon_gayfight:

Quote Originally Posted by Torero View Post
    We do like a good bottom shot, Johnny.

Geat to hear about the rest of her as well, buddy. :thumbsup:

John.
    I bought her nearly 5 years ago for 2k after searching for almost a year for a good one.
    Finally found her in Leighton Buzzard, about 100 miles from me.
    Took the train to pick her up after 2 days of swapping info and pics with the owners neighbour (he was helping to sell the car) via email.

The seller originally bought the car in 1993 as the second owner from a local Toyota dealer and kept her until I came along.
    She was bought with just under 40k on the clock, then in the 15 years to 2008 only completed 14000 further miles (less than 1k a year). I have put about 20k on the clock since owning her.

The best part is she was always kept in a garage for those 15 years so only needed cosmetic work.
    Since owning her I have replaced the struts, bushes, brakes, clutch and a complete Stainless exhaust system and 4 branch manifold. Oh! And not forgetting new front wings as they were bubbling on the edges in 2010.

Now I am on the final push to sort the sills and rear arches as they were showing signs of corrosion.
    Last edited by johnny8; 13-04-2013 at 20:31.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast