Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MK1 Inspection Guide Videos (3 parts)

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Now stickied (I think)!

Much appreciated Fred, it makes for interesting watching and I know a lot of our members will find it useful.

Chris.
    Cheers Chris,

Glad to help to keep these cars on the road and get some more people on here. Nice to put something back for the help i have had over the years.

Names not really Fred by the way "the fred in the shed" was a piss take the misses did a few years ago when i had a small workshop at the end of the garden and i rebuilt the suspension and other projects in there. It was like "there goes Fred off to the shed" LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    It's too late.

You're Fred now!

:)
    Oh bugger ! I'll get my coat :o/

Oh sad day !!

I am afraid after 10 years my ownership with my Mk1 has come to an end.:icon_sad:

I had got to the stage where i was using the car less and less. I was doing the early morning cross country 6 mile run to work (well parents garage) and then back home again in the early afternoon, but that was about it. If the weather looked unsettled it would stay under cover in the garage, it was a waste really and was turning into a trophy more than a car which is something i never intended to happen.

My brother in law runs a car sales business and a late 2005 Volvo C70 conv 2.4 turbo came in on a part exchange. Just 53k miles and service history. I was offered it at trade price which was £2.5 k less than retail and TBH i could not resist as i felt like a change.

So i just like to say a really BIG THANK YOU to all the help i have received on here and esp to Paul Woods.

I will miss the rewarding driving of the MK1 and the howling engine note as you blast past 6k rpm

Its been a good 10 years without any major problems including no rust. I hope the new owner will find his way on here.

Bye for now guys

Kruss

Sad day indeed Fred.

The sun rises, the sun sets.

Do is your car sold already?

C.

TBH iam not sure as i dont get involved in the sales of his business. It will be on Colney Car Sales which is in Auto trader.

Yeah is a bit sad but deffo done the right thing.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Sorry to hear this, if you ever return to Mk1 ownership you know where we are :thumbsup:

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Cheers Paul :icon_cool:

I have fancied a MK3 for a while being a open top and all so you never know i could well be back.

My Two has been sold through trade and ended up being purchased by a lady in her 50's who used to have one when she was younger (well this is what ive been told). If true i doubt she will come here, but you never know.

All the best guys

all the best you will be back that mr2 itch will need scratching in a year or two.

Thanks for this, putting it to use Saturday. If all goes well, expect some pics of the MK2's older brother!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast