Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MK1 Inspection Guide Videos (3 parts)

MK1 Inspection Guide Videos (3 parts)

Hello All

Back in 2012 I made three short " MK1 Inspection Guide" video's on YouTube aimed at helping someone without any prior knowledge find a decent Mk1. I put a link on Pistonheads and Chris has asked me to post a thread here.

Its all very basic stuff to us harden owners but does point out some of the well known area's to check for rust and give some basic advice when looking at cars.

TBH my Youtube channel is a bit well "geeky" , so dont judge me on that. Here are the links.

Hope they help.

Cheers Kruss.

Part 1,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MrX...LIlkw&index=12

Part 2,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=hnbOGmh5jPk

Part 3,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=UYdlR-h9H6Y

Nice, Fredintheshed, where most mk1's live actually :) Great TB plug as wel :thumbsup:

Thanks. Yeah i try to get as many directed to here as possible

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Great videos, the only change i'd make would be the distinction between Mk1a and Mk1b cars, it isn't straightforward because in 86-87 Toyota made what we call "crossover" models that contain a mixture of A and B parts, hence the confusion. Only a pre 86 car is a guaranteed genuine Mk1a, a post 87 is a guaranteed Mk1b.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thanks Paul.

I ve noticed this on one of the comments i got where it appears the guy may have had a cross over or an import model. I have made the distinction with the roof ant but it appears its not that simple LOL.

I will add a "post it" type note.

Edit

Now done.... :o)
    Last edited by krussel; 31-03-2013 at 19:56. Reason: edited youtube video, thanks Paul

It really is a nightmare, Toyota filled those 86-87 cars with all manner of left over parts, they do tend to have mostly Mk1A engines fitted though, but everything else can be a complete mixture.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

What do you recon about a 86 model with aircon and a double din stereo. I told the guy in the comments that its an import ?????

Sounds like a Pinewood car, the only Toyota dealer in the UK to offer an AC option for UK NA cars

Now stickied (I think)!

Much appreciated Fred, it makes for interesting watching and I know a lot of our members will find it useful.

Chris.

Very cool wish I had found these before I looked at 30+ cars lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast