Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear brake upgrade - 22V

Just found a good site for checking brake disc sizes - http://www.brembo.com/it/Auto/Racing...ION%20LIST.pdf

Who'd have thought the Dacia Sandero would use 260x22! I think column A has the offset and I guessing that B is centre bore but don't think that really matters.

Does anyone know what offset we should be looking for? Also, are MK2 calipers any more reliable than MK1's?

Hmmm, all of the 260x22 listings have an offset of 44 and centre bore of 61. Not sure I'm reading this right.

The megane centre bore was out by a mm or two by my reckoning as well?

Does the centre bore matter that much as long as it's bigger than 54.1?

Just sourced some calipers from a mate of mine so will pick those up tomorrow. Just need to decide which disc to go for and hopefully I can have a go at fitting them over the weekend.

Does the handbrake on the MK2 calipers need setting in the same way as the MK1 ones? I seem to remember a certain list of instructions that have to be done in sequence to get the handbrake right.

Looking at the discs again:-

Clio / Megane - 260 x 22, offset 44, centre-bore 61
    Fiat 500 / Corsa Mk3 - 257 x 22, offset 40.5, centre-bore 60

I'm guessing that the difference in diameter is not too important but going to try Megane discs first I think. I read in another thread that they are 1.5-2mm off centre but the Corsa disks will be out by the same just the other way round. If the Megane's don't fit I should be able to swap them for Corsa's.

Think I'm going to have to shelve this idea for now, looking through some other threads it looks like the centre bore is pretty crucial and I can't find any discs that have the right size.

I don't suppose anyone's tried ST185 rear discs and calipers at all?

they have and they dont work from memory, cant remember why tho.
    WoB "Lol, paul its totaly your fault everyone loves you. your gonna have to act like a dick more often."
    PaulWoods "Go fuck yourself."

Actually, looking at it the celica rear discs are only a few mm bigger than stock so probably not worth it anyway.

Just out of interest what is wrong with your stock rears? Brake fade, power or feel?
    I'm asking because I found that on track my stock rear brakes got fairly hot, they also seemed to take longer than the fronts to cool down I guess because they're solid rather than vented.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast