Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SRT's 2GR Swap

Very welcome, hope it proves of use.

And no, I reckon I'm about halfway through, corrected myself in a couple of places, then had a light bulb moment on a couple of things like the stray alternator wires.

It's very much a hobby (obsession almost) playing with car related things. I spend a lot of time out and about, just got back from a 7hr round trip to Wales and the last thing on my mind is sitting in a cold garage!

Thank god I'm not trying to earn a living with it, I'd starve.

:)

It's been cold here too! High is like 26 Celsius. If it was my only way of making money I would be starving along with the boss damn I mean wife and out child.

26 degrees. Not sure how you cope. It's already down to about 2c at night.....

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/443...orecast-for-UK

WHen you start on the wires let me know. I will try to find and help as much on the vipec. I've been busy with school.

SRT's 2GR Swap

Good info. I will think about doing this.

SRT's 2GR Swap

So I have gotten back into the mood to continue to work on the swap. I have decided before I go any further I need to make an access panel in the firewall. I think it will be an oval shape. I also was decided I needed to be the first 2GR with a WideBody in my part of the world. So I ordered a APR kit. It arrives next monday via a freight carrier.

SRT's 2GR Swap

Building the axles was straight forward. However after assembling them one has more slack than I would like to have. The other was too tight and would not allow the CV to move in any direction. I tired to rotated the CV to take it apart and it was jammed. Ended up using some force and brook the inner bearing race. So a new one will be ordered.

I also removed the e153 carrier bracket from the stub axle and replaced it with the carrier axle that comes standard with the 2GR.

Bloody hell. On the Mk2's we used a replacement part, as neither the 2GR one or an E153 one would fit.

c.

I did some rough measure so I could fit it in the morning currently at work. However it appeared that it would work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast