Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SRT's 2GR Swap

You'll learn soon enough; There's NEVER enough pictures! :photos:

Epic thread so far, I'm loving that flywheel!
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

It is quite brilliant I plan on getting an assembly weight on it for reference purpose only. It truly is a work of art and its a certified unit. I still plan on buying a ballistic sheet to cut to fit on the rear firewall. That is just because later I want to be able to track the car at driver education events at some events here.

My phone is being stubborn with tapatalk today. So apologies in advance. This is a slow build but it's being done in spare time.

Went to the local junkyard (self service breaker) bought 1991 Camry v6 complete axels and cv's for about £15. These will be fitted to the MKII inner axle stubs. They measure out properly and convert the tripod style to rzeppa-style. I also took the abs ring from the Spyder and fitted them to the new (to me) axle.

I purchased a 275 litre per hour fuel pump from deatschwerks. Fitted the pump to the fuel tank. While fitting the fuel pump, I also replaced the fuel filter with a new Beck Arnley 043-3005 purchased from eBay.

The 65c has a barbed feed supply. which required use of a round file on the plastic grommet that was on the OEM pump. A few minutes later it was fixed. If you look at the picture you can see the barbs.

I also purchased the A/C compressor, alternator and starter for the engine. In case I forgot to put that in the thread. Bought another rear crossmember to modify recently too.

I have fitted the clutch and flywheel to the 2gr as well. To secure the flywheel I used APR bolts and red lock tight.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You are doing a fantastic job. Great build, great thread- it seems like you're well versed in the swap data. One of those MKIII's with a 2gr? Man- I gotta get out more...

Icon14

Just re-read your thread again. Very interesting stuff.

We are at a similar place i think, although I'm building a 2GR Mk2. I have some notes on the 2 plug ecu, and looking at some of the pinouts you've listed they seem to differ slightly. My 2GR is from a 2007 Rav4, so it may be the subtle nuances between vehicles, but probably worth checking. I've also identified all the pins for the DLC (OBD2) i think. We will find out this afternoon as I'm putting all the wiring together!

Happy to share my notes and findings if they would be of use?

Also if you're fitting a new ECU (ouch btw) then you do not need the immobiliser. Paul Woods builds a 2GR with a new ECU and he has confirmed that on first power up the ECU will imprint immob / non-immob depending on what it sees connected. If you connect the immob, you may need to reprogram the key / antenna / immob / ecu configuration, and that can be a real pain as i have recently found out.

Keep those pics coming! We love pics!

:)

Chris.

There are a few of us in the states that are doing this swap. Fue is making a bracket for the engine to mount to the standard roadster chassis.

How ever I am using the MKII mount for now. This may cause a issue for me later down the road but I have a grinder that can unistall the welds :)

I may also go to the vipec ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Just re-read your thread again. Very interesting stuff.

We are at a similar place i think, although I'm building a 2GR Mk2. I have some notes on the 2 plug ecu, and looking at some of the pinouts you've listed they seem to differ slightly. My 2GR is from a 2007 Rav4, so it may be the subtle nuances between vehicles, but probably worth checking. I've also identified all the pins for the DLC (OBD2) i think. We will find out this afternoon as I'm putting all the wiring together!
    It will be interesting to see what you have paired together.

Happy to share my notes and findings if they would be of use?
    Sure no problem. All mine came from the electrical wiring diagram from Toyota.

Also if you're fitting a new ECU (ouch btw) then you do not need the immobiliser. Paul Woods builds a 2GR with a new ECU and he has confirmed that on first power up the ECU will imprint immob / non-immob depending on what it sees connected. If you connect the immob, you may need to reprogram the key / antenna / immob / ecu configuration, and that can be a real pain as i have recently found out.
    Mine was a non immob ecu same as my car.

Keep those pics coming! We love pics!

Chris.

PM me an email address and i can send you what i have.

I've done a few 3VZ swaps, but this is my first 2GR swap, and i have found a lot of my wiring notes for the 3VZ very useful too.

Chris.

updated with better pictures and a link

Mr. Wood

Thanks for the info. I'll merge into my spreadsheet. did you finish your wiring last night?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast