I know I started a introduction thread a couple of days back. I view that as more of just saying hiya! Not by any means a full on introduction.

Let me first bring everyone here up to date on when my swap was started, the original concept and where it is now and why.

**I will probably need to edit this since I have been up since 2 am local time and its currently almost 11pm** sorry for any typos in advance!

2 Years ago I publicly announced I was going to start this swap. My intentions then are different then they are now. Some because of research others because of life. I purchased my Mr2 Roadster knowing I wanted to do this swap before I had even heard of Blitzo's not to mention Gouky had not even built his then. I bought the car 5 years ago roughly and it was in need of some loving care. Blitzo basically told me it can be done but was not in much communication. So I started out driven the car and planning the project. The Evora was still code named Eagle here in the States and much of it was still Hush Hush. Then the big announcement of the 2GR mated to a 6 speed gearbox. Being Human I wanted to go down the path of least resistance so I decided I would build the drive train like Lotus. So I started saving money and making contact on Ebay.co.uk with breakers for parts I needed that were not sold in the USA.

I purchased brand new items from lotus to start the swap. These are no longer going to be used but I want to make sure no one else goes down this path with out knowing someone already tried.
Starter adapter and engine adapter

Standard Evora Flywheel

Throw out bearing adapter

Gearbox

I was pretty sure I was going to be able to use all of those parts. However after having my son then getting a case of viral meningitis my project fund started to dry up a tad. Ok a lot. All of those bits were not bought at the same time as I was having to find part numbers search wait for a nice person at the Lotus dealership to order them and await them to arrive from being made. The gearbox I found someone who didnt want to rape me on price in the UK and also was very fair on shipping so that was a quick process.

The engine from a local yard here in Florida. I drove the hour to Orlando to pick it up and was very very excited all the way there as it was still in the Avalon. To much of My surprise I was allowed out in the yard as they used a forklift to bring the car around to have me make inspect the engine. It looked great I told them yes I'll take it.
so they unbolted it and they started snatching it out of the donor. Then one of the workers noticed the engine was being held in to the car and decided to help get it out faster and yes you guested it cut the harness.

Not a major set back but just couple hundred bucks.

The avalon gave me many parts. Here are just a couple of pictures of them

Drive By Wire throttle pedal

immobilizer

I then test fit the items together.

alright mate the fit together!! :)

The car then was getting prepped to start the swap.

I bought a new RAV4 ECU from Toyota

which meant I no longer had a 5 plug harness need to I bought a 60 pin plug from a local yard.

there was some clearance issues with the gearbox and engine fitting unlike the MKII I was going to need to make some room.

a little bit of heat was used and a bit of "massaging" metal was done

More to be continued tomorrow.