Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SRT's 2GR Swap

Noob , or Fue as I know him by says it will most likely not fit by a few mm. Tomorrow I will check but it appeared to be correct earlier.

that lower right one is going to be a real P.I.T.A. to get in properly.

If the other two bolts are loose and you cannot get the bolt in (which it looks like they are) then take the carrier off and check you can get a bolt in the thread anyway (possibly the wrong bolt or the thread in the block is screwy. If the bolt DOES go in ok then I'd probably put a slightly larger drill through the carrier; 10mm bolts I'd drill it out to 12mm happily. :thumbsup:

Its the right bolt, the trouble is that the axle / CV plate radius is in the way I may have to bolt it in then slide the axle in...

I see what you mean - in which case I concur with your solution.

Thought about a stud and nut arrangement?
    Then you can plop it over the stud like a locating dowel and bolt the other two up.

Quote Originally Posted by SRT4@DAB View Post
    I may have to bolt it in then slide the axle in...
    That's how I put mine together.

C.

That axle is a bitch. Every time I take it off, I find it easier with little tricks of knocking it in and out of the carrier. I should had made the plate to use the left two bolt holes and the upper right bolt hole. it would had been easier and save time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234