thread: Help needed inetrior light and Puddle lights

Nov 2006
    Sunny Worksop
    Not really, you want it so that a pulse feed operates the relay immediately & then powers off after a period of time, send a link to the relay off Fleecebay

Alan...

Apr 2010
    Walsall, West Midlands

Jul 2013
    Albany
    Hello all

I have a problem on my mr2 roadster.
    I have fitted puddle lights on the wing mirrors and they are suppose to come on when you press the remote to unlock doors with the interior lights (feed is suppose to be taken from interior
    led lighting).

To my horror I have found that the interior lights only come on when you physically open the door ! All the other modern cars work with remote key!

So now I have a problem and I know there are some very knowledgable people on this forum.
    So can someone advise of a solution or work around of this problem, I know the MK2 interior lights may operate from the remote key ? or possibly using a relay of another car ? I have no idea.

Thanks
    Were you able to sort out the problem? Hello friend I am facing similar issues what is the way to resolve it?Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)

Apr 2010
    Walsall, West Midlands
    I went to the maplin store and bought a relay that was pulse activated. I also bought a timer kit (which I had to solder myself). The timer not only had a button to activate, but had connections for pulse activation.
    I connected a wire from the central locking to the timer. I connected the timer output to the relay switch which I connected to the puddle lights. So now when I press the remote keyfob to open the doors, the puddle lights come on for the set time.
    The expert in Maplins was very helpful and even drew me a diagram.
    I connected the open central locking only pulse to the timer. So when I lock my doors the puddle lights do not come on.
    I am really happy with the operation.

•