Thread: Cooling fan ......(info in thread - MK1 Bike Carbs)

Cooling fan ......(info in thread - MK1 Bike Carbs)

I am in the process of sorting the cooling fan on the kitcar ( Mr2 MK1b) .Currently I have the radiator fan coming on when ignition comes on , so runs when engine is on. Is this a good idea, will it cause any issues this way. There is a temp sensor on the rad, but not sure how to wire this to kick fan on?

Any thoughts appreciated...

the standard setup on the 1b is pretty damn bullet proof. The fans will cut at a preset temp but spin slowly, getting quicker as the temps rise.
    If you've got all the bits, I'd keep the original setup; Plenty of 4AGE wiring diagrams floating around the www.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Indeed as Jiff says the stock setup works really well, if you don't have that then the rad switch works in reverse to a normal switch, but using a 5 pin relay you can use it to bring your fans on/off.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thanks. The original rads from the donor was totally rusted , so could not use them. So I have the rad which was on the cvh set- which works fine.This has got a rad sensor as well, so will be using that. I did manage to get the engine compartment fan which I might be able to use as well?

Paul this one might be for you. Does the cooling fan wire from pin 22 go to the dash or a relay or is that not needed as I am not using the original system?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Pin 22 on the N1 connector relates to the engine bay cooling fan which is no longer relevant and is a separate system to the rad fan electrics.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thanks Paul. One more I noted my rev counter is not working ; this is handled via pin 19 to the dashboard? Or I am I missing something else?