Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 1MZ MK1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My 1MZ MK1

It's been a while coming but I picked my car up from Rogue this week so thought I'd post a few pics for anyone that's interested.

Cleaned the car first.

Matt managed to avoid using bonnet pins so there are two small screw things if you look closely.

The engine bay now.

They stuck with my Magnex exhaust to keep the look fairly standard.

Overall pretty happy with the car, faster than I need but the handling is unaffected which is great, I really can use the power without worrying about traction. It's got a stage 1 clutch which is pretty severe but it should bed in and I'm getting used to it now.

Think I'll have to sort my brakes out now!

Sorry, forgot to mention that the engine came from Woodsport, goes like a train Paul!

Isn't the standard back box a bit restrictive ?

I always thought you would need a mk2 na box at least for the extra flow, did they manage to eliminate the T pipe and fit a Y in the exhaust system?

Doesn't seem to be, it hasn't been on the rollers yet but it certainly revs OK so got no reason to question it. No idea about the T pipe to be honest, haven't looked under the car yet.

That is one tidy motor!

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    That's a nice install Ian, they've done you proud there..... my only concern is the exhaust, that Magnex will be choking the life out of the 1mz, it's just too small bore wise, i think you'll be surprised how much power it frees up if you get a proper matched silencer on there.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Thanks Paul, I'll get it dyno'd at some point and if it's way off the mark then I'll look at the exhaust but it drives pretty well at the moment.

i see they retained the stock location for battery, and boot mounted air filter?, i like that.
    Last edited by adamh; 18-03-2013 at 21:44.
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Cheers guys, I opted to keep the battery where it was so I could still use the frunk, can always change it later. MK1 K&N panel filter in the boot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast