Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mr2 carbon monoxide poisining

mr2 carbon monoxide poisining

worth a watch ... some guy gets poisoned
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=kxSZg2tFX_U

suprising it can happen be wary of any bulkhead holes
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

Holy shit! They took their time getting the big fucker out if there!

It might have been CJD related, cos he's mooing quite a bit.

C.

question is how do the fumes get sucked into the cabin without an open window?
    ......in the bluecorner , fighting out of japan....

the MKII has connections between the trunk and the cabin, any holes or a bad seal in the trunk will cause a vacuum. if you then have a hole in the rear firewall you'll suck the fumes in.

Funny enough I've got a problem with fumes in the car when driving... Started a couple of months back, dunno where but I either have to drive round with the windows well open or with cabin fans on full blast to keep it from sucking in by vacuum.

Not sure where its coming from, either through boot as someone suggested or a leak in engine bay somewhere. One of bolts buggered from manifold to down pipe so likely culprit but haven't identified. Bloody stinks though, so must he bad leak or something somewhere. Kinda glad its a bad leak rather than little leak as may not notice until too late otherwise.

On mine, I'm *fairly* sure it's coming up by gear stick but just haven't checked it out yet. Should get my finger out really. :-/

Other possibility is I was doing some wiring and the disused radio aerial cable to boot was doing my head in so ripped it out in a bit of a strop. It goes from behind radio to post by driver seat then in cavity down side of engine bay into boot. Possible source I suppose?
    Last edited by wood_patrick; 18-03-2013 at 01:51.

Quote Originally Posted by wood_patrick View Post
    On mine, I'm *fairly* sure it's coming up by gear stick but just haven't checked it out yet. Should get my finger out really. :-/

Other possibility is I was doing some wiring and the disused radio aerial cable to boot was doing my head in so ripped it out in a bit of a strop. It goes from behind radio to post by driver seat then in cavity down side of engine bay into boot. Possible source I suppose?

wouldnt be the ariel hole, as it doesnt enter the engine bay, more likely the selector cable grommet, or the harness grommet behind the passengers seat...if your firewall is unmolested that is, otherwise your rear window seal has failed too???unlikely though
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Hmmm..... Well pretty sure that its not the window seal, but possible one of the gromits, good point. :-)

With the aerial hole, it is possible for it to be sucking it in through the boot somewhere then back down into the cabin through the aerial hole I would imagine? I would think its possible anyway, actually anything is possible in Pat world. :-P

Gear selector cable gromit that way you get fumes and petrol fumes in through the fire wall?

Nah, no petrol fumes just exhaust fumes. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    Gear selector cable gromit that way you get fumes and petrol fumes in through the fire wall?

does not exclude the grommet. just means your vent from the fuel tank is ok...

I used to get an oily smell in mine...
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast