Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Cadbury

Project Cadbury

Ok so I was going to wait until the car was done to post up a thread but I have just been inspired by Nik and his zombie. I may also need some help so anything that may be helpful please let me know. So here goes.

I had the car painted last year as well as having the arches repaired and the normal rustyness being taken out. To be perfectly honest I wasn't and still aren't completely happy with the job that was done especially for the price, but it is going back once back on the road as a mk1.5.

So here is a picture of what she looked like before the colour change.

And this is her after.

So about the middle of October last year the alternator packed up, and after some thinking I came to the decision that what was the point in getting a new one when we could put the 3sgte in that has been sat in the garage for about a year.

My other half is a mechanic so he has been doing the work and I have been helping where I can we are now at the stage of welding in the mounts and getting ready forgetting the engine in.

Car up in the air in the garage with 4age on the floor.

The exhaust I'm going to use.

This is my progress so far, I have the mounts and Pete (my other half) is getting the welder so hopefully won't be too much longer.

Beckie

Carry on your half way there, when the turbos in it will be epic the first time the boost kicks in.

Wow is that the same car... what a difference!

love the moggy :p
    doesnt really come out in the pics but guessing thats cadbury purple..mk1.5 FTW!

Yeah thats the colour, cadbury purple (thats what it said on the tin). I love purple but not that silly light lilac purple I wanted something different.

Yeah same car just better, I think anyway :icon_biggrin:

Small update, got the turbo elbow today.

I am also in the process of rubbing down my wheels not sure to leave them silver or to paint them though?

Looking good
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1bexwa View Post
    I am also in the process of rubbing down my wheels not sure to leave them silver or to paint them though?
    I think you need to go to a sweetie shop & see what goes with the Purple, I think some vivid colour to complement would be best.

Alan...

Blue then it could be a bruise lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast