Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pilotpete's new 355 front

Pilotpete's new 355 front

Had a 'Roy Kelly kits' gen 1 kit fitted to my MR2 for some years now...and decided it was time to upgrade it to the gen 3 at the front. So it started like this.....2brutal.jpg

and quickly turned into this, with all the front panels removed.new front 1 003.jpg

Then all the new panels were dry fitted and found the new wings are wider at the A pillar so had to slit the door skins and open them wider from the MR2 door.car update 003.jpg

To replace the MR2 ones, I picked up some cheap, genuine 355 wing mirrors from ebay and adapted them to fit.mirrors 005.jpg

This is where I'm up to now....all the new panels are on & gapped. Final filler coats are going on and sorting out other minor bodywork faults before a full respray. Then I can enjoy that lovely 2GR power & sound again.Today 001.jpg

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Much much better Pete, if i'm honest i wasn't a fan of the headlights in their original position, looks great now.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I could be cheeky and say what's the difference lol, but the mk3 front looks great never been a fan of the 355 reps apart from this one as it just looks right.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Much much better Pete, if i'm honest i wasn't a fan of the headlights in their original position, looks great now.
    Cheers Paul & Tiggs. Just hoping that the next respray turns out ok, after 2 poor ones !

I totally forgot I was updating this - so here is the finished project. Matt black paint & graphics designed by me from an idea after seeing a F430 Challenge Scuderia in similar colours. Donnington dec 002.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast