Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yellow v6 roadster

Quote Originally Posted by loadswine View Post
    Ah, so that's what happened to Wills' old 2. Sounds nice Donna, does it still have the rather nice and unique Hayward and Scott twin exhaust on it?
    Hello,
    It's the same exhaust as in the pics, not sure of the maker but it's pretty noisy :)

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Donna just order filters etc for a 98 3.0ltr V6 camry, they are all the same.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Donna just order filters etc for a 98 3.0ltr V6 camry, they are all the same.
    Cheers, what's the recommended oil grade? I've seen castrol in Costco but not sure which one I need.

I use 10w40 on mine, good quality semi synth, i get my oil straight from Toyota, they do me a special deal on it, otherwise i'd use magnatec.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Cheers Paul, your a star :)

I dont know if toyota are doing the same up your end off the woods but if you buy service kit they supply oil free
    Worth a ask .
    Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by donnac View Post
    Hello,
    It's the same exhaust as in the pics, not sure of the maker but it's pretty noisy :)
    That will be the H&S then, it is a one off by them, similar style to their one for the 1zz engine, but with larger pipework, originally made for a turbo 1ZZ.
    If its too loud, then I can recommend a Magnex if you can find one used. I had one that was ideal with my V6.
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Donna, please find some before and after pics of the car for your own records showing the damage and what i did to repair it.

Before...

During...

After....

Hope that helps.
    That's a beautiful job Paul.

Thankyou Alan, i don't get to do as much bodywork/painting as i'd like these days.

Quote Originally Posted by donnac View Post
    Thanks for the pictures Paul. You made a grand job of it

Olber - it will be staying up here, I keen to get to meets etc so if there is anything local going on let me know.

I've got pics but I'm using an iPad just now and really can't work it. Pics will be up soon.

Can anyone give me advise for the best oil for the v6 and filters etc?

Cheers

Donna
    Hi Donna,

The person to get in contact with regarding meets are Ripley (Ann) or jimi or Toymr2 over on MR2OC.co.uk. They run a very active and friendly scene up there. I only wish i were closer to be able to partake. :)

Car looks superb btw

Dan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast