Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Mk3, now what?

Is it worth upgrading the injectors on a 2GR or would it require an aftermarket ECU to benefit from them ?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    I can't believe how well this thing pulls now, it screams like a banshee up to 5000rpm with the supercharger kicking in straight away, then lift takes over at 6000rpm and it's like a small hit of nitrous, this thing bloody flys!

It has thrown up a lot of challenges that's for sure, but it has been worth it, sincere thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

The finished engine bay with 1zz intake and stock airbox.... i'm never going to fit an induction filter with this engine, it honestly doesn't need it and i know it will mess with the fuelling.

Next up for this car, i am going to design and make a Woodsport version of a Mk2 TRD inspired kit, it will be a cross between the Veilside Fortune kit and the Monocraft GT300, but most definitely of my own design, i will be making this my winter project and plan to have the four corners and bumpers molded once done. I have a few ideas and i'm working on some photoshop mock ups as we speak, should be pretty sweet as there is nothing out there in the market for these or if there is it's a ton of money.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    The finished engine bay with 1zz intake and stock airbox.... i'm never going to fit an induction filter with this engine, it honestly doesn't need it and i know it will mess with the fuelling.
    But it doesn't whine without a filter :icon_lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIasUetsd5I

could we have a vid of thas beast rolling please ?

Yes I'll grab one tomorrow

Really pleased you got it sorted Paul. Sorry, I missed the fact you had a different size maf housing. I'm looking forward to the vid as well, must make it quite a machine!!
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Good work on getting it sorted! I reckon the MK3 would look mint if you swapped the headlights for something more agressive, I did a photoshop a few years ago if I can find it.....

So am I right in thinking the only differences between a stock 2zz and a SC'd 2zz are the SC itself and the injectors?