Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bought a Mk3, now what?

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Bought a Mk3, now what?

I couldn't pass this one up, a local Mk3, mint bodywork, fantastic roof, full leather interior, all it has wrong is a knocking bottom end under load, so it will just need some bottom end shells i bet, perfectly quiet at idle, so i'd be willing to say it has no crank damage, it won't need a replacement engine, even if it did i wouldn't put the standard engine back in.

Total cost £530 delivered to Woodsport, which is just pennies for something like this.

So what do i do with it? Throw in some shells and sell it? Engine conversion? Dare i say break it? Seems far far too good to break.

Suggestions please....

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Clean it up minimally, check it's mechanically sound, flog for 2 grand ?

Possibly, i reckon it's only worth £1500 repaired, is there an engine swap people would like to see that hasn't been done?

Looking for possible inspiration..... or if i can't think of something i'll just repair it, i just think it might be a good chance to do something cool with one for not a lot of money.

The other problem is i'm putting 2grs into them all the time now, so i'm thinking outside the box...

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

There are a few people looking to pickup mr2s converted, but I honestly don't think people will stump up the £10k you'd probably have to ask for it when converted (assuming a 2gr)
    You can shift a good quality mk3 easily - and if it's good I'd say for more than £1500.

Or. Wankel engine from an rx7. That would be nuts.

Hate Wanky engines, but you have a point about selling a converted car, it might be a better way to go...

Let's see, a 2zz with mk2 converted exhaust manifold. They are supposed to be fun. How about a 2AR-FE, or maybe not easy to get hold of. A 1MZ with full tubular manifolds fabbed to fit the Mk3 , so a pattern for others to be made. A non Toyota V6 perhaps? A VW VR6, or maybe something daft like an Auris TDi 2.2 with remap, or tuning box, you'd have about 220 bhp and 360 or so lbft of torque.
    Depends how much attention and time you could spare on it really Paul. The 2zz should be a quickish upgrade i reckon.
    Mk 3.6 V6 Roadster (sold) now a Mk 3 Roadster avec turbo!

Cheers Nige, some good suggestions there....

Turbo 2ZZ? Don't you have a couple of mk1s to finish first?

2zz-ge with Rotrex supercharger please; if it works, we'll do it on my car !!!::icon_wink:

Why dont you make a speedboat out of it?
    Don't shoot the messenger!

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast