Thread: No power anywhere, need help!

No power anywhere, need help!

Hi all,

So my MR2 was purchased with the motor removed. I connected the battery to 3 spots where it should see +12; not sure what it is but they are white wires, one is ~14ga and two are ~10ga wires. I connected ground to the supposed to be battery terminal, a ~14ga wire, and the chassis.

I have no power going to anywhere. Nothing to the Toyota option alarm system, power window module, radio, key cylinder, etc. Where should I be looking? Is there a diagram of the fuse boxes that are greater detail?
    I looked here but only talks about fuses, not the relays and large (40A, etc) fuses. "http://www.mr2.com/forums/mk-1-mr2-a...l-picture.html"

Would love to get out there and try again in the morning so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, need a bit more information here!

From the sound of it your main power feeds are down, which to my mind would be the main fuses in the frunk (under the hood / bonnet).

If the car came with no engine have other fundamental parts been removed?

C.

Check the fusible link
    If you have no electrical power to anything and you know that the battery is good, then check this out.
    There's a fusible link in the cable from the +ve terminal about 4-5 inches from the battery, it's usually covered by a sort woven sleeving. Slide the sleeving down and you will see it ( like a link soldered in ) if that's blown you won't get anything

Jimi
    Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Have you followed every wire using diagrams and a multimeter, not all mr2 engine or chassis looms are the same if using different engines and ecus.

We need pics and has been stated more info.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post

From the sound of it your main power feeds are down, which to my mind would be the main fuses in the frunk (under the hood / bonnet).

C.
    Thanks I'll check those again in the morning, I looked but nothing looked wrong.
    Nothing else appears to be removed besides axles and tranny of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    Check the fusible link
    Thanks, will check that too.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post

C.
    That's a MK2 he's talking about, MK1 doesn't have the same main fuses in the front (as the battery is in the engine compartment)
    Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    That's a MK2 he's talking about, MK1 doesn't have the same main fuses in the front (as the battery is in the engine compartment)
    Chris is a mk2 guy he's too tall for a mk1 and wouldn't no the front or the back of a mk1 he probably thinks its a rollers skate for his left foot.