Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on quieter exhaust options

It's not just modern cars. My '93 Camry had a valve on the rear back box that presumably opened up at a certain point to allow more flow. Well it did until the backbox fell off :-)

Quote Originally Posted by racerADS View Post
    I need to get under my car and find the details of my exhaust. Bought it on here a few years back. Think it came from big Chris's car when Paul did his conversion originally. It is nice and quiet when idling, comfortable on the motorway and sounds beautiful when you spank it.
    Started her up in a leisure centre car park last night and the 9 year old getting in the car behind was utterly impressed. His dad looked gutted to be getting in his Kia.

I will try and get a vid or audio tomorrow.
    Thanks for all your replys.

Let me know if you find any markings on your exhaust. I would love to keep my AW11 , but it's my only car at the moment due to circumstance, so it needs to be use-able too.

Quote Originally Posted by WADEY View Post
    Thanks for all your replys.

Let me know if you find any markings on your exhaust. I would love to keep my AW11 , but it's my only car at the moment due to circumstance, so it needs to be use-able too.
    Ah sorry bud, was a bit keen with my response and suspect my exhaust is an n/a. Will check in the morning.

Bet yours is quieter than mine was. It hit 129db's on a rolling road. I don't advise it if you don't like noise. From what I remember the lotus exhausts sounded quite nice and not too loud. Or maybe find a mk2 exhaust I'm sure you can get it to fit but my memory is a little fuzzy over what fits after so long away from the scene.
    Theres no such thing as a bad day, only good days, some days are just better than others

88 MR2 MK1.6 - Deceased
    87 Mk1.6 - Collecting Parts and info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12