Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2zz-ge supercharged

Icon7 2zz-ge supercharged

What do you people think of 22zz-ge supercharged with Rotrex, for example ( efficiency, reliability, cost etc ...) ?Thanks :)

To expensive and rare plus 1mz vvti has more torque and reliability.

the 2zz is a cracking motor. We have a gen7 Celica here in Kent running a Rotrex (or Vortech - i am unsure which) churning out 400+ of mental horses..

Someone on ROC installed one a while back with good effect. Full write up here http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23831

Quote Originally Posted by guitariste47 View Post
    What do you people think of 22zz-ge supercharged with Rotrex, for example ( efficiency, reliability, cost etc ...) ?Thanks :)
    I agree with snowtigger, there are cheaper alternatives to get more power.
    Don't shoot the messenger!

I have one in a MKIII, Spyder,and have had it for nearly 6 years, around 60,000 miles,. 320 RWHP 220 RWTQ. Only problem I had was I have blown off a couple of boost hoses. Stock internals, A/W intercooler, PFC for the ECU. There are half a dozen 2zz' Spyders with a Rotrex in the States, mine was the first, or at least the first I heard about.

Here is a link to the guy who developed it that made a kit, but discontinued it due to lack of interest.

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthr...Rotrex+article

There are more articles there, I'll look for the one on my install but I never bookmarked it. The search function there is rather poor.

Quote Originally Posted by MMaddict View Post
    I agree with snowtigger, there are cheaper alternatives to get more power.
    I already have the 2zz-ge installed by Paul though.

turbo it then a lot of mk3 guys do the 1zz or change to the 2zz then turbo it.

Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    turbo it then a lot of mk3 guys do the 1zz or change to the 2zz then turbo it.
    I had this plan originally but I heard of a few guys who broke the engine . Was that because they set the the turbo at too much psi or it's an necessity to put low compression piston ?

Too much boost and not very good boost controller , from what I gather a low blows setup is pretty reliable but beware of boost spikes.
    250/260 should be ok some have seen 300+ bhp but haven't lasted long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast