Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yet another 2gr Mk3 build

Good detailing, makes that finished job stand out.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Cheers chaps.

Today saw the bay fully prepped and ready for the engine..... heatshields added....

Left custom gearbox mount fitted....

Right mount fitted...

Everything refitted into the bay that was removed for painting...

Subframe notched out with the plasma cutter on the metalworking bench, this will be boxed in....

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Great stuff Paul, looks the dogs danglies. I often see that colour around London and it is impressive.

What kit is he getting? Is it Brian's Gallardo kit from Exact Replicas? I don't know of anyone else that does the Gallardo, if so I know it involves chopping the windscreen and surround out and adding a molybdenum strut to brace it.
    Last edited by Torero; 18-12-2012 at 19:59.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

There's also a Gallardo spyder kit, but I can't remember the name of the company that makes it.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Fidanza going on....

ACT clutch fitted....

LSD Gearbox cleaned and painted and engine hoisted into place...

Sitting in the perfect place height wise, which in a Mk3 is basically as high as you can physically mount the engine....

It's a very pretty install this one....

There will be no more progress now until the 2nd Jan when i return.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I think once these 2gr mk3 kitcars start appearing at shows and people start going for test drives in a 2gr mk3 more people will be queing at your door mate for some 2gr goodness.

have seen the American replica and even the inside is the same as a lambo pretty impressive, would love to park one at the lambo dealers and see if they could spot the difference.

I agree Tiggs, and that's only from the first run in mine and that as you know as a lot less power than a 2gr.

Everybody driving a mr2 based replica should fit a V6 of some kind, this has brought my car to a whole new level and I can say that without having driven it properly yet.

The colour on this car looks great in the flesh, mind. It's gonna be a tasty car when finished, I'd love to see the build thread.

Richards MR2

Keep going Paul you are doing a fine job on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by richardschoen View Post
    SRC in Spain make it.
    Is that the guy called Xisco?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast