Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2GR MR-S in Moscow - Problems, please help!

I did measure the stock pipe from a Camry at 76mm ID. Can't say for sure for the highlander, but I can't imagine it being far off. I can see how the smaller diameter gives a higher MAF reading, but have yet to comprehend how it would positively affect performance.

Having said that, I'm happy for you the car finally runs as it should :)

Quote Originally Posted by decipherer View Post
    I did measure the stock pipe from a Camry at 76mm ID. Can't say for sure for the highlander, but I can't imagine it being far off. I can see how the smaller diameter gives a higher MAF reading, but have yet to comprehend how it would positively affect performance.

Having said that, I'm happy for you the car finally runs as it should :)
    Did you measure before, after, or exactly at the MAF location?
    The stock filter&resonator assemply may play a role here, too.

I agree that using a smaller pipe cannot increase performance.

And i can see that the fuel trim is -5% now, the injector pulse a little smaller and the ign advance a little lower than on the highlander, so it may be that it IS a little too small.

Also, i have noticed a good increase in power when i have made a better y-pipe. So my not=so perfect headers may hinder the performance a little, too.

we'll see on the dyno what i have to do )

There is a small section of pipe in the air box where the MAF is located. That section is tapered a little, I measured it 76.1mm (exactly 3") at the point where it attaches to the pipe going to the butterfly valve. 75.4mm at the point where the MAF is located. The whole section is maybe 6 to 8 cm long from memory. I can take more measurements or pictures if you like as I still have that air box.

I agree the stock filter/resonator assembly and in general the stock air box may have an affect on the measurement.

I'm curious to see what your car would do on the Dyno now!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345