Thread: 3.2 Vauxhall Engine

3.2 Vauxhall Engine

I've got my Tin Hat at the ready prior to this post,

Has anyone ever thought about this conversion (Is it even possible) as these 3.2 Omega's you can pick up for well under £grand often with bugga all miles.

I know the Toyota engine is a different animal build wise but the price for the RX300 reflects this.

I'm not that fussed about original dash working as probably gonna strip it out and get Stax anyway.

Love to hear serious thoughts and suggestions.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    In a nutshell...

1mz-fe engine, initial higher purchase cost, but then most stuff works having Toyota compatibility, so will only cost you the donor vehicle and less than £500.

ANY alien engine, low initial purchase cost, but then NOTHING works with zero Toyota compatibility, so will cost you thousands to install.

Given the Toyota V6 engines produce more power than other makes with much much better levels of reliability it makes it a no brainer.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Glad you replied Paul, I know it makes sense in many ways just getting a little pee'd off with stuff going for daft money.. I need to be a little more patient.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    The thing is, it's less money and way less hassle just to use the tried and tested Toyota engine route, just more initial donor vehicle cost.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Even then, with some careful buying, careful scrapping and a bit of spares on ebay, you can put a dent in the initial spend.

I much prefer a full donor for that reason.

C.

I plan to get a full donor and would prefer the RX300 but might have to settle on the Camry just purely down to price. Plus if Paul is going to do the work he said he likes to see it running instead of being on a pallet.
    As I said I'm just gonna sit on my hands and be patient for a few weeks/months the monies going no where...

Donor cars seem to happen in waves, usually when the petrol goes up, or when the weather changes. There's either loads about or none.

Game is on though, you're not the only person hunting. Car projects seem to kick off in spring and just before winter.

We are due another 'loads' in the very near future.

As said before, I've been banging the 'other engines' drum for ages. Most other options make a Toyota V6 swap look like a tyre change.

C.

An engine will turn up trust in the v6 ness young padawan , Toyota reliability far out shines other engines there's a reason why people haven't used them in kitcars or car engine swops before.

If they produce plenty of power and reliability and were easy swops we would all be doing it and putting the price of donor cars up, isn't that what's happened with the Toyota v6 and cosworth and the vauxhall 16valve plus vw1.8 and vr6 engines.

If I was looking for a non Toyota V6, I wouldn't be able to look past the Alfa Busso V6's. Lovely engines.

Geoff on here has a Mk1 Alfa V6.

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=21698

Not an.easy swap, but terrific outcome. Scared the Shit out of me. :)

C.